News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tranny problem

Started by my73charger, August 03, 2005, 10:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

This last weekend we had our local car show and Poker run and while we were on the run all the guys with muscle cars usually do burnouts and launches from stop signs etc.  Anyway, when I got back to the parking lot my car would go into reverse but didn't want to move.  I had to rev kinda high to back up.  Also, it would move forward in nuetral.  I checked my fluid level and it was full and looked very clean, someone said my forward clutches may have welded together.  Anyway, the next day it freed up and seems to be fine.  Any ideas?

andy74

possibly over heated the torque convertor?i did once,and although the car still drove the next day,after a few months it happened again,so it was rebuild and new convertor time-probably some other causes to,just thinking worst case scenario

Silver R/T

this happened to me after it slipped from neutral to reverse while I was going about 30mph, but my trans is all screwed up, needs rebuild anyways
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

my73charger

I figure I will drive it until it quits, meanwhile I have another 727 that i am going to have rebuilt and beefed up.

joecharger66

I had a 727 redone by AAMCO. I know the head tech there. It cost me 1300 bucks but includes a hi performance tourque converter, new bands, drums and a reprogrammed valve body. Before I had my rebuild, I had the same problem with reverse. I had to rev it up until it caught.. I left some scratch marks on the driveway when I did this. It's all better now...:)

beenaround

my73 your trans is heading for the happy hunting ground but fast.in reverse you lock the low reverse band and apply the rear clutch pack.if it drives in neutral one of the clutch packs was welded together.also if you did any rd's you may have bent the low reverse strut which can cause the trans to slip in reverse or manuel low.

my73charger

Thats what I figure too.  I am saving my pennies already for the rebuild.

beenaround

are you going to do it yourself??? its not that hard!

Kern Dog

Tranny?
I'd say any involvement with a Tranny is a problem!

John_Kunkel

Just gotta love the trend to shortening every multi-syllable word to one syllable and adding a "y".   ::)  :down:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.