News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is this correct for a saddle tan Int?

Started by Brock Samson, April 21, 2006, 01:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

JimShine

That is the later General Lee inspired color. Real saddle is more golden on the seats and the dash and A pillar trim is a brownish color.

From the 1969 registry. Real saddle

Richards

wylde8

So thats the color my interior was before it was frankensteined by previous owners. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

More.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Neal_J

I seem to recall an article on one of the original Lees in which the tan color they spray for the TV show was discussed.  Everything on the interior was painted that color.

My unrestored original saddle tax A pillars are brown & door panels are tan, as in Chris' post.  The seats are a deeper tan color than per Chris' pic, which I suspect is reflecting the flash and appearing to be a light color.  You might see them at the Mopar Alley show this year.

By the way, T3 rules.

Neal

JimShine

Yes, outside of a couple cars, General Lee's had painted interiors. SEM saddle tan was used early on, sometimes a brownish color was used. Then when Warner Brothers decided to build them (they didn't actually build or own General Lee's for the first few years the show was made), they started using a much lighter (called Buckskin) non factory color. I think Miked said he matched Wayne Wooten's close up car survivor interior with some GM paint seen on period two tone tan and brown pickups. Now Legendary makes seat cover that mimicks this lighter color called "General Lee tan".

Great extra shot there. Another pic showcasing the proper gas pedal placement.

Nacho-RT74

MAN WHAT CAN I SAY... I DO LOVE TAN, GOLD AND BROWN INTERIORS!!! on any car.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html