News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Valve cover grommet

Started by Dreamcar, August 24, 2017, 05:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

It's the simple things I find frustrating...anyway, I bought the wrong grommet, obviously. I want to install the pcv valve in the oil filler cap hole if I can. Has anyone done it and if yes, can you tell me what grommet and valve you are using?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

68CoronetRT

I ran into this issue as well with the Mopar Performance valve covers. I searched high and low for a solution and never came up with one. I ended up just buying fabricated covers and used a normal grommet for the PCV.

While I had the MP covers what I did was used that side for an oil fill cap(just to seal it) and then drilled out the other side to the grommet size and did my PCV that way. You also need a vented oil cap for the PCV to work properly.

WHITE AND RED 69

When I used to have those valve covers I used a summit pcv and a ford gasket. Worked perfectly.  :cheers:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-440308/overview/

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6892-f/overview/
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Dreamcar

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

Dreamcar

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on August 24, 2017, 05:54:04 PM
I ran into this issue as well with the Mopar Performance valve covers. I searched high and low for a solution and never came up with one. I ended up just buying fabricated covers and used a normal grommet for the PCV.

While I had the MP covers what I did was used that side for an oil fill cap(just to seal it) and then drilled out the other side to the grommet size and did my PCV that way. You also need a vented oil cap for the PCV to work properly.

Already got the vented cap for the other side, but great reminder anyway for anyone reading this.  :2thumbs:

John_Kunkel

If you can find one of these twist-in adapters, you can use the early PCV cap.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dino

I used the Ford gasket. Works like a charm.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.