News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Waxed The Colonel Today With My Diamond Luster!!!

Started by THE COLONEL, May 04, 2006, 04:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

Man I love this stuff.  Being I couldn't find the wax for a couple years, this was only the second coat of Diamond Luster that was put on The Colonel.  I don't remember the shine I had before, but I think this beats it anyway.  I had to clean the inside also for the start of the cruises in our area tomorrow.  FINALLY!!!!! :METAL: :punkrocka: :boogie:

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

itchyballs

hey guys. i will vouch that Jason has a really really nice charger. i have seen it in person a few times and i will tell you this car doesn't know what dirty is!!!! :yesnod: :yesnod:

dodgecharger-fan

NICE!

Is that a jug o' shine on the console?  :icon_smile_big:

Chargen69

Hey, the only difference between my old 69 and yours is the console push bar and spoiler,  man! do I miss that yellow!

THE COLONEL

genlee1970

Looks good Jason!!!! Btw, if that were a real bottle of shine, it shouldn't be full after a hard day of waxing!!!
Nothing goes with a detail job like a few cold ones. Rock on brother!!!    al

Brock Samson

i don't think anyone else has a spoiler on a secod gen. correct me if i'm wrong,.. Daytonas excepted.

miamivice

Quote from: Stratocharger on May 04, 2006, 10:45:26 PM
i don't think anyone else has a spoiler on a secod gen. correct me if i'm wrong,.. Daytonas excepted.

could you get the go wing spoiler in 1970????  i dont know, ive seen a few with them on it though.

the colonel looks good jason.  when you gonna paint him orange :icon_smile_cool:
i did the the jug of shine  you have in there, im sure you love sippin that while haulin arse down the road.   haha. 
later man

THE COLONEL

When I bought the car I was trying to figure out what car the wing came from.  I was thinking it was a Pontiac wing and I was right.  I was at a cruise last year, and a 69 GTO parked behind me, and had the same wing.  It sure is different.  I didn't like it when I first got it, but it has grown on me now.

Hey Miamivice, as far as painting it orange, I don't think I have the heart to do now.  I have always wanted a General Lee since I was three, but The Colonel has really taken off.  I have people at local car cruises and shows say to me if this is The Colonel.  I had a ten year old kid last year ask me that, and when I told him it was The Colonel he was so excited.  He told me he has seen the car on the internet and loves it.  His mother asked if he could get a picture with it, and I said I can do better and let him sit on the door.  The kid was almost in tears. :'(  So, if it ever does turn orange, it will be a while, but right now The Colonel will stay. ;)

Chargen69

I'd loved to see it sometime too,  what part of the country are you in

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Chargen69 on May 05, 2006, 08:13:11 AM
I'd loved to see it sometime too,  what part of the country are you in

I'm in Fombell PA, which is about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh.  I will be in Nashville on June 2-5 for Dukesfest.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Chris G.

Quote from: miamivice on May 05, 2006, 02:36:08 AM

could you get the go wing spoiler in 1970????  i dont know, ive seen a few with them on it though.

The spoiler was a mid-year option in 1970. It wasn't very common to see. Chrysler says they were only available on R/T models, but we do have 2 legit 500's in the registry with the spoiler option (J81).

Car looks great Colonel.  :thumbs:

limey

Hey Colonel, the charger looks great! Ive just bought mine from a disabled guy, and I don't think he has waxed or polished it for at least a year since his back went...been round it twice and still getting tar spots off. It's a hell of a rewarding feeling when you finally get all the way round the damn thing and you get that gleam back!
;)Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on May 05, 2006, 05:59:13 PM
What's up with the auction? Did you copywrite the "Colonel"?

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-COLONEL-Dukes-of-Hazzard-General-Lee-Dodge-Charger_W0QQitemZ4872640877QQcategoryZ60409QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow I want to know as well.....did you get legal recourse like Bloomington Gold did with the word "survivor"? :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on May 05, 2006, 05:59:13 PM
What's up with the auction? Did you copywrite the "Colonel"? 

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-COLONEL-Dukes-of-Hazzard-General-Lee-Dodge-Charger_W0QQitemZ4872640877QQcategoryZ60409QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yes it is.  My brother did that for me without me knowing, and I thought it was a cool idea.  The name "The Colonel" has been copyrighted for a Dodge Charger.  Maybe someone will make a movie and I'll get the royals. :lol: :lol:

I've had people tell me it is a neat twist on the Dukes of Hazzard.  It's not a General, but a Colonel.  I was going to paint orange, but I like it the way it is.  It is a General Lee minus the paint and decals.  So other shave told me to make a poster and sell it.  I have sold a few on eBay, and I'm surprised of the popularity of the car with Dukes fan clubs.  Even local people, that I have never met, know the name just from seeing it on the internet.  But, that is the story behind teh auction, plus the little bonus for anyone coming to Dukesfest. ;)

moparfied

I have always liked Chargers in yellow! After a wax job like that I would say,youre futures so bright,you gotta ware shades!