News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast and Furious live show

Started by lukedukem, August 15, 2017, 08:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

Reading this article a sentence got my attention:

It sounds, essentially, like it will be a traveling stunt show where cars and drivers pull off some of the great moments from the film franchise

So does this mean they will be wrecking more chargers, and or Mopars. Will this turn into a sort of Dukes Fest type thing, where they travel around doing the famous race with the wheel stand from the first movie, then roll it, then keep rebuilding it?

Here is the whole article:

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1691700/vin-diesel-will-play-a-major-role-in-the-fast-and-furious-live-show

Here is their own website for it

https://www.fastandfuriouslive.com/

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

JR

This Instagram post confirms atleast one of Dom's Chargers will be in the show.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXFu-xolKxJ/
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

c00nhunterjoe

Bet its a tube chassis clone with a 185 hp 350 chevy and electric blower...

JR

Mike DC

No way are they gonna wreck another real 2nd-gen Charger every performance.  That would be pretty impractical, and I don't just mean the price of buying them.  Too much inconsistency trying to get another one prepped every week. 

Their car builder for the movies already complains about the difficulty when he has to supply 4-6 Chargers per movie.  That's only about once every two years, with at least a couple of them usually left over from the previous movie.     

If this live show is wrecking another copy of a car every week then it will be something they have a steady supply of.  Retired cop cars, or maybe donors from Chrysler, or a tube chassis & fiberglass car, etc.   

For big wrecks, a live driver will usually prefer a rollcaged production car over a tube/glass version.   Fiberglass body panels don't absorb impact very well compared to crumpling stock sheetmetal.

VegasCharger

They should find a good candidate of a car from the 80s that there are plentiful of, mock on the AMD panels and have countless 2nd gen Charger mock ups. And leave the real 2nd gen Chargers out of the equation. Haven't they done this already?  :shruggy:

Lennard

At the last Dukes fest they apparently used an old Ford crown vic cop car disguised as a 69 Charger.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,129628.0.html

JR

There's always the chance the chargers will be used for light duty stunts, and won't be crashed.

I assume they'll be a storyline to the show, and I'm guessing live audiences won't want to see Dominic crash and total the hero car.

lukedukem

Quote from: JR on August 15, 2017, 07:53:46 PM
There's always the chance the chargers will be used for light duty stunts, and won't be crashed.

I assume they'll be a storyline to the show, and I'm guessing live audiences won't want to see Dominic crash and total the hero car.

I bet your right. It will be used as a hero car. The cars chasing him will crash as he gets away.
But I guess we will see

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Mike DC

Disney's "Lights, Motors, Action!" show might be an indicator of how this F&F thing turns out.  The Disney show is canceled now but it ran for several years.  

(This is a couple minutes lifted from the final show.  The cars show up about 30 seconds in)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geK732Rfd3k

The whole show was like 30-40 minutes long.  It had a storyline and stuff.  The cars did side-two-wheel balancing shots, small jumps, some motorcycles used, lots of sliding around, explosions, etc.  It wasn't about wrecking vehicles so much as doing high-precision maneuvers.  

Real production cars were too heavy.  They needed cars that could get up-to-speed and turning around within the short space of the stage.  So they brewed up some little 3/4-scale fiberglass shell cars with motorcycle engines.  They weighed something like 1500 lbs.  

aerolith

Well Coolio!

The kids (and me) love this kinda stuff, WHY, cos its REAL!!! :2thumbs:
Real stuntmen doing Real stuff in front of your eyes.

CGI is POO and SO unbelievable these days.
I bought some Charger parts from Dayryl  (Cali) who supplied the F&F Chargers, fenders and stuff.
They were all 69 cars as the 70 cars are arae as rocking horse POO... :shruggy:

Aerolite
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

garywi

I really wish this franchise would die soon.  Tired of wrecking of classic cars for amusement.  Pretty soon the cars will be extinct, then what..

1974dodgecharger

Pretty excited for this will see at least one of them...

Mike DC

QuoteI really wish this franchise would die soon.  Tired of wrecking of classic cars for amusement.  Pretty soon the cars will be extinct, then what..

Look at the toy aisle at Walmart.  These movies are giving the muscle car hobby a next generation.  It just takes a couple decades for the results to show.

lukedukem

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 21, 2017, 03:15:58 AM

QuoteI really wish this franchise would die soon.  Tired of wrecking of classic cars for amusement.  Pretty soon the cars will be extinct, then what..

Look at the toy aisle at Walmart.  These movies are giving the muscle car hobby a next generation.  It just takes a couple decades for the results to show.

I agree, plus i think they moved to just hanging sheet metal on tube and chassis, and not actually buying chargers to destroy.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC