News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 MP valve covers...help with breather and pcv valve

Started by Dreamcar, August 16, 2017, 09:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

I'm buying new valve covers (MP Cast Aluminum) for a 440. I'd like to get a pcv and breather set. Any recommendations? The valve cover description says the punch out hole is 1', but all the breathers I see have a bigger stem.

Anyway, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

BLK 68 R/T

This is what I used. No other work required to the valve covers. Takes the place of the oil fill caps.
Summit racing part # dcc-4529880

Dreamcar

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on August 16, 2017, 09:57:06 PM
This is what I used. No other work required to the valve covers. Takes the place of the oil fill caps.
Summit racing part # dcc-4529880

Thanks. Does the breather need a filter? Why would some have filters?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

Dreamcar

Another question...can the pop in breather double as an oil cap?

Dino

Quote from: Dreamcar on August 17, 2017, 07:26:08 AM

Yes.  That's what I did so no need to create more holes. I painted the punch out sections to match.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dreamcar

Quote from: Dino on August 17, 2017, 06:40:02 PM
Quote from: Dreamcar on August 17, 2017, 07:26:08 AM

Yes.  That's what I did so no need to create more holes. I painted the punch out sections to match.

Thanks Dino. I actually just ordered a twist-in breather that goes in place of the oil cap. The other side will have the pic valve.