News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383/727 throttle return spring and kickdown spring

Started by skippychad, January 21, 2017, 08:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skippychad

So I removed my 383 from my 69 charger.  It has a 727 AT.   My throttle return and kickdown springs are worn and I want to replace them.   I ordered one of each from year one and they look a bit different.  The kick down looks as though it will work but the new throttle return spring is longer and beefier.   I'm not sure if the old springs were Jerry rigged by the previous owner, or I they were hooked up to the proper locations.    Anyone with pics of proper springs and hookups, please share.  Here are some pics of what it looked like and what my replacements are.  Thanks!

skippychad

skippychad

BLK 68 R/T

The longer beefier one should hook onto the stud right where the accelerator cable attaches.

Like this:

For reference, original 69 style linkage should look like this

John_Kunkel

You have the wrong throttle lever stud and linkage return spring for a '69. The stud should be longer like in the diagram above and the linkage spring is long and hooks over the stud in front and through the rod in the rear.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

skippychad

Looks as though that arm and the bellcrank are wrong too.  my arm is straight and the bellcrank curves the other way

skippychad

John_Kunkel

It's wrong for a '69 Charger but it will work as is with the spring pulling the top rod forward.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.