News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger Guy

Started by NewMuscle, April 26, 2006, 10:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewMuscle

Hi everyone, I ran into site looking for a place where I can get good information on the new-school Chargers.  Is this a good place? I see a lot of post and avatars on the old-school Charger and don't want to be diggin in the wrong place.  Nice cars btw guys, real clean. :)

Blown70

Well this is more of a classic charger site.  But welcome anyway.

Tom

NYCMille

This is an old-school Charger sight 1967-1974. Your welcome to come and hang-out with no worries, but be warned! you will get some ribbing from some of the members about the new Charger.

Welcome to the site though and enjoy your new ride!

NewMuscle

Oh ok thanks for the friendly replies regardless hehe.  I don't mind taking a couple punches for my purchase.  Hell, it will make me that much more aware about what I am driving and what others think of it.  Criticism welcome.

Blown70

Quote from: NewMuscle on April 26, 2006, 11:05:51 AM
Oh ok thanks for the friendly replies regardless hehe.  I don't mind taking a couple punches for my purchase.  Hell, it will make me that much more aware about what I am driving and what others think of it.  Criticism welcome.

I do not think it is a bad car but it should not have been named  A CHARGER.  PERIOD.  They could have named it a coronet or such that was in the past actually built with 4 doors.

Tom

terrible one

Quote from: Blown70 on April 26, 2006, 11:09:48 AM

I do not think it is a bad car but it should not have been named  A CHARGER.  PERIOD.  They could have named it a coronet or such that was in the past actually built with 4 doors.

Tom

I agree. They just named it a Charger so that it would sell.

RT DAVE

Not everyone here hates them, but the majority do.  I think they look pretty nice, all things considered.  Haven't driven one though...

I think there are some better new charger forums out there that would be more appropriate if you're looking to make mods.   How about this one:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/index.php

or

http://www.chargerforums.com/
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

73ChargerSE

Welcome.  I agree, the car could look a LOT better, but it is still a nice car.  My mom has one and I get to drive it occasionally, it's pretty quick for a big car. (Thanks to the HEMI).  I too feel that they named it the Charger just to sell it.

NewMuscle

Thanks for the links RT Dave. 

Shakey

Welcome aboard NewMuscle!

I am thinking about purchasing one of the new Chargers as well.  I am up in the air as to whether to wait to see if the new Challenger goes to production or to just go ahead and spring for the SR8 in the next few months.  I saw one the other day and it looked great.

As mentioned, there are some here that loathe the car and will act quite childish when the subject comes up.

It's a free country, they're allowed to speak their mind.  

I think what bothers most is that at first Daimler showed us the '99 prototype and then built something comepletely different.  The fact that they used the Charger name is another bone of contention.

Post some pics of your car.

mikepmcs

Be careful what you wish for.  You might take a beating on this.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
Very few guys/gals on this board care for the new charger from what i'm reading.  I myself don't mind it as I think it's a nice looking small family car.... HOWEVER  I do agree they should have named it something else, but hey they've done this before in the past.
Welcome though, and remember the majority are just having fun.
Now, if you have any old school mopars or have some stories from your past about old school mopars, that might ease the pain a little, just a thought.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?