News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to use to clean vinyl roof?

Started by Jimmy01, July 01, 2017, 02:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy01

Have recently purchased a 68 charger with vinyl roof - what is a good product to clean the vinyl with and keep it in good condition?

ht4spd307

Laowho

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

John_Kunkel

Lemon Pledge
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ODZKing

Todd Wilson

The foaming bubble guys bathroom cleaner.

Todd

Mytur Binsdirti

smithenhiven

Use at your own risk, I don't know if it's harmful to vinyl over time, but I've been using foaming tire shine spray on my black vinyl top.  Seems to have the same effect on vinyl as it does on rubber, keeps it shiny and somewhat wet looking for a while.

Offblue

A company called Mothers has a few Vinyl cleaners and protect-ants in their arsenal ...

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06524_d.html?gclid=CMzjxp-j8NQCFViewAodM0ULBw#qRAe6x6D0eoLRtfU.97&slider1=7

Listed under "interior care", should have similar applications. Hope it helps.

303 Mopar

Another vote for 303 protectant.  Autozone has a pretty good price on their 303 detailing/cleaners.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

timmycharger

I had tons of residue on the top of my Charger from doing bodywork on the car for 2 years. I could not get it off with soap/water, scrubbing, etc, it was almost like a white haze in the grain of the vinyl.  Did some research and found out about this stuff.

Meguiar's #39.  I did a small spot and with a light scrub brush it came out like new, I plan on doing the rest of the car very soon but good to know it will work  :Twocents:

68 RT

I use pledge too, looks more natural. :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

....yeah....Id hate vinyl to look synthetic!!! LOL! :smilielol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!