News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How about 1 more stickie? Official Carlisle Post!

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, April 25, 2006, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ok folks here is is!  The official Chryslers @ Carlisle post!

July 7-9, 2006

If ya didnt know, Chryslers @ Carlisle is one of the largest all-Mopar shows on the east coast.  It is definately a must see if you are in the area.
Its located in Carlisle, PA
Heres their website.....

Myself, Chris (Burnt70R/T) and Bill (Bill440RT) are all staying at the Quality Inn not far from the fairgrounds.  I know there are other members staying there as well...
We are looking into leaving the SINY/NJ area on Thursday afternoon.  If anyone else wants to hook up on the caravan let us know!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparjohn

My freinds and I are also leaving Thursday but time and leaving point is not set yet. SEE YOU THERE!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Mopar440+6

If anybody wants to meet up I live about 20 miles south of Carlisle and I WILL be there all three days. Chris, are we planning another get together at someone's tent again this year? It was awesome to meet all you guys last year. For those who weren't there in '05 here is the group pic.

Note: If you need a hotel room and can't get a reservation in Carlisle PM me and I can check into the hotels where I live (in Shippensburg). I'm the local guy so if you need anything don't be afraid to PM or email me!

See you at the show!  ;D

"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

alenglish

I'm at the sleep inn  Just south of town  as we get closer  we need to set up a meet..
I'll be there friday and saturday                      Big  Al
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

Chris G.

We are confirmed for a Thursday arrival. I know many are going this year. We have a thread on the '70 site going about it as well. http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=3111&start=0 Hopefully the same is going on at the Cuda-Chally site and some other spots. Let's try and meet by Chris' or NHCharger's car this year.

Should be a wild time. I hear Chris is gonna let me do some tire peeling in the hotel lot...that hasn't been confirmed as of yet.  :angel:

71charger_fan

I'm about 70 miles from the fairground. It's a lot of driving but, even at $3 a gallon, it's still cheaper to commute than get a hotel.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on April 26, 2006, 06:20:28 PM

Should be a wild time. I hear Chris is gonna let me do some tire peeling in the hotel lot...that hasn't been confirmed as of yet.  :angel:

Sure you can do some peeling with your Hemi Ram.......I'll let ya ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Is the mic turned on? Test, Test 1, 2

So far only 4 people going from here? Get on the stick ladies and tell us you're going and where you're staying.

Do It....Do It

y3chargerrt

I have already registered online so I'll be there.  I'm going to meet up with a friend of mine from Detroit that has a 70 R/T.He is not sure if he is going to drive it down due to the cost of gas.Bummer

resq302

I will be leaving on Thurs for the entire weekend there.  Can't wait.  Had a great time I was there a couple years ago.  Hopefully I will have some money that I can get some parts.  I will be staying at the Ramada in Mechanicsburg which is not that far away.  Plenty of room for trailer parking. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on April 27, 2006, 06:55:57 PM
Is the mic turned on? Test, Test 1, 2

So far only 4 people going from here? Get on the stick ladies and tell us you're going and where you're staying.

Do It....Do It

I'll be there. Not sure if the R/T will be with me. Not sure if I'm leaving Thursday or Friday yet. Staying at the Holiday Inn in town. If I do go Thursday, I'll try to meet up and convoy with you guys.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

NHCharger

I should be there. Staying at the Rodeway Inn in Carlisle. Not sure if the wife can make it this year. She's starting a new job in June and is not sure if she can take the time off.
We leave at 6:30 Thursday AM. Driving the 72 Charger down.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

haueter66

Ill be there Friday only... stayin at the Sleep Inn.  6hr drive and $3 gas = not driving the charger  >:(

TeeWJay426

I'll be there- staying at the Hampton Inn in Carlisle. Will have the R/T 'vert.... Charger not likely to be road worthy, if I don't start tearing it apart first.  ::)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

sunroofsuperbird

I will be there. in the 4x4 General lee 69 R/T or maybe my 71 Challenger R/T wagon unsure yet. Hope to see someone there.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

4402tuff4u

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on May 01, 2006, 09:06:36 PM
I will be there. in the 4x4 General lee 69 R/T or maybe my 71 Challenger R/T wagon unsure yet. Hope to see someone there.

where you there last year on the 4X4 GL?
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

sunroofsuperbird

yes I had the 4x4 general lee there last year. thats probaly what I will drive this year too. heres a pic of the start of my 4x4 Daytona.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

hemigeno

I plan to be at Carlisle this year too, and I'll try not to miss the DC.com gathering this time.  Maybe I'll find a few parts a little more substantial than a headlamp too...   :rotz:

Anyone have a motel room in Carlisle they're not going to be using after all?  *Got one - I'll be there!!!*

Old Moparz

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on May 01, 2006, 09:06:36 PM

I remember seeing that Challenger wagon for sale on line somewhere, & always liked it. It would be great if you could bring it to Carlisle, I'd love to see it in person.

I'll be there too, just don't know what vehicle will be finished by then. Either my Scamp or my Road Runner, or just my truck if I can't get my ass in gear to get one done in time. (This bronchitis really knocked me out of my time frame.)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Chris G.

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 04, 2006, 11:22:24 AM
I'll be there too, just don't know what vehicle will be finished by then. Either my Scamp or my Road Runner, or just my truck if I can't get my ass in gear to get one done in time. (This bronchitis really knocked me out of my time frame.)

:blahblah: Same story every year since I've known Bob. ;D  I triple dog dare him to bring a car.  :icon_smile_wink:

ps- That Chally wagon was in Carlisle either last year or the year before. No offense to that member, but that Charger is, well,....

The Challenger looks pretty cool though.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on May 04, 2006, 12:08:07 PM

:blahblah: Same story every year since I've known Bob. ;D  I triple dog dare him to bring a car.  :icon_smile_wink:

Yeah, I know.  ::) 
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

mally69

well all i know is that the thursday the week of the car show i was working right there all around the fairgrounds we were going to stay at the sleep inn but it was packed  i wanted to be able to at least go see all the mopars there and atleast drive mine charger but  like i said i had to work and it sucked  but at least i got to see somones 69 charger driving near the area   looked as if it were r4 red  with a black stripe  :o  kinda seen it driving down a side road while  working

when is the mopar nationals there  ???    or the next show  ???

bluesfool

I won't make it up there until Saturday now; plus I will probably camp in one of the parking lots since I didn't reserve my camping spot on the campgrounds. I'll be a little distance from the bathrooms but it's a lot cheaper than a hotel room!

tomdroptop

I am heading up Thursday afternoon from NJ in my 69 Coronet DROPTOP with MoparJohn & some other guys. We'll be at the track Friday night down the end of the 8th drinkin & hangin out listen for the bagpipes &by all means stop & say hello ! ! !
Staying at the Best Western behind Motel 6...