News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What goes here??

Started by green69rt, June 17, 2017, 04:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I was taking my brake pedal assembly apart and found a broken off bolt.  Anyone know what goes on it?  Here a picture of where it is.

BLK 68 R/T

Steering column mounting bolt.

green69rt

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on June 17, 2017, 07:12:53 PM
Steering column mounting bolt.

OK, now I'm going to dig out the column and find out what's going on.

BLK 68 R/T

Nothing wrong with the column, most likely some one either got a little agressive with the 1/4in bolt or it was crossthreaded. Probably easier to just get a new cage nut at a good hardware store vs trying to fix that one, unless it comes out super easy. There are specs in the fsm for when you mount the column to tighten the front rear stud nuts and then check the clearance between the two mounting surfaces and shim if needed.

green69rt

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on June 17, 2017, 10:54:28 PM
Nothing wrong with the column, most likely some one either got a little agressive with the 1/4in bolt or it was crossthreaded. Probably easier to just get a new cage nut at a good hardware store vs trying to fix that one, unless it comes out super easy. There are specs in the fsm for when you mount the column to tighten the front rear stud nuts and then check the clearance between the two mounting surfaces and shim if needed.

Got it.  Just one more thing to fiddle with.  Thanks for the info.