News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stroker kit 383

Started by Charger69Jan, January 01, 2014, 03:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger69Jan

Does anyone know where I can find a stroker kit for a 383 magnum?? :drool5: :drool5:

polywideblock

welcome to the site    :cheers:     try this  

http://www.musclemotorsracing.com/

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Charger69Jan

Thanks  :cheers:
I see that they have exactly what I'm looking for. :drool5:

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

femtnmax

I'm building a 383/432 stroker engine as we speak.   A few details but no show stopper surprises.  Makes full use of the crankcase.  Should be a great runner.
Phil

bee1971

1971 383 Magnum Factory #s Block Out Of My 1971 Superbee

Tapped a piston after installing Edelbrock 75cc E Street Heads this winter

Was running Speed Pro Forged 2315 Flat Tops and Mopar 284-484 Cam prior for the last 20 years and Factory 906 Heads

Think I got a little happy on the Rpms after installing these heads

Wiped out a cam lobe and bent a pushrod - Pulled the heads and discovered the #4 cylinder piston with a small kiss

Heads have been gone through at machine shop already

Anyways

My shortblock is at the machine shop ripped down
Block has been hot tanked - MagnaFlux and is excellent

.030 Over Bore

Mancini Racing 432 Stroker Kit has been ordered
72cc kit - Should have a compression ratio 10.7-1 / 10.3-1 with  Diamond Pistons / 4cc valve reliefs
Machine shop is waiting for kit before boring / decking - He will balance kit

Machine Shop where also talking new steel main caps and ARP studs along with line hone ? 

Will run these 75cc E Street Heads

This will bee a 100% Street Car , so looking for reliabitity with the factory block as much as performance

Factory stamped rockers and shafts will buy new or other option ?

I guess I don't want to get to exotic on the valvetrain and with the cost

Should have about $4,000 into parts and machine work on the complete short block alone plus the cost of the heads this winter

I know these E Street Heads and springs might limit some but again this is a street car 

Cam Selection ? Flat tappet hydraulic or

Do not want to wipe out another cam lobe  :brickwall:

I filled out a Comp Cam online form and Lunati online form on Monday and have not heard back from either

Transmission getting rebuilt also - Turbo Action Street Valve Body and something along the lines of a 2400 Street Converter
Factory 3:91 Sure Grip - 28" Tire

Any help with Cam ??? Looking for TORQUE and I cant see shifting or pulling more then 5500-5800 Rpms on the street
Thanx Scott

chapel40

Im about to rebuild my 383 and trying to decide what to do. Like the Idea of getting almost 500ci out of the 383. Has anyone done the 500 ci stroker? Any overheating problems? Will be a street car. Want to keep the cyl. at .030 so it will have some life if something goes wrong or I live long enough to need to rebuild it again.
Don Chapel