News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 charger 383 manifold question.

Started by J3pease, June 06, 2017, 11:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3pease

Ok does anyone know what manifolds are absolutely too tall to use the stock dual snorkel air cleaner? I have a street dominator I'm really hoping to use! Also are there carb choices that will help with that so I can use the stock dual snorkel with little or NO modification. 1970 Charger/383 any input is appreciated!

Kern Dog

The street dominator isn't much taller than the stock unit but is a great piece. The Edelbrock Performer RPM is much taller. To get an air cleaner to fit mine, I had the base plate modified.

J3pease

Sweet! That's what I wanted to hear! I'll stick with my street dominator then and hope everything fits! Paired with 440source heads and xe274 can should be a nice combo. My other option is there is a nice dp4b for sale local for $200? That's not a lot better than stock but will fit for sure.