News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Like it Low do YA!!

Started by Blown70, April 25, 2006, 09:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

So before I sold the front end off the charger.... I set a block in place and set it on the ground......UHHHHH wooooaaaahhh..... Frame is only 5" off the ground...... :o

Those are 14" wheels on there.....   Yea I would need a bigger much bigger one 17 or 18" for sure.... :P

Here are the pics

NYCMille

ahhhh... what rack system did you use? Also, watch that height if your going to run a sway bar up front.

Blown70

Quote from: NYCMille on April 25, 2006, 09:50:02 AM
ahhhh... what rack system did you use? Also, watch that height if your going to run a sway bar up front.

Mike,

I am taking the front suspension and rack off the car.  Just was never right and upon mock up the blower drive only has 1/4" to the rack.

I do want to run a sway bar so I am looking at other options now.   As well I do not think the pan would have but 2" from the ground....... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Looks like a lot of $$$$$ to me....... What fun it is.... :devil:

Brock Samson

would'a been easyier to photoshop but  iget your point...  :icon_smile_big:

moparguy01

damn that car sits high. why dont you drop it alittle more so it doesnt catch so much air when your driving it?? :icon_smile_big:

Blown70

Quote from: Stratocharger on April 25, 2006, 12:06:54 PM
would'a been easyier to photoshop but  iget your point...  :icon_smile_big:

Strat,

This is the way I got the car.  I would not have lowered it this much.... I will need to run a different front end anyway.  So I will bring it up an inch or two....  I have several different chassis builders to choose from just not sure what one I will go with   All offer a Mustang II type system,   Unless I do a lot of studing on chassis geometry.

Tom

bull

Instead of lowering my car I'm going to have someone sit next to me and give me repeated kidney punches while I'm driving. It will be cheaper and provide the same experience.

6pkrunner

Looks so sweet. But she'll hang on any parking lot speed bumps. ;D But it does looks so very very nice like that.

Steve P.

For sure some measurements are off there, but I would be interested in more pics. and info. on what spindles, TR.ends and rack was used on it.   I have a 2nd 65' Coronet 500 that I would someday like to set up for pure drag. Set the motor back and lighten the front end even more than it is now.

Man, if I'm seeing that right it looks like you could put a 14-71 under the hood without a scoop!!  BUT you'll need about a 2" deep oil pan with a shop vac to circulate the oil.... :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

SeattleCharger

Quote from: bull on April 25, 2006, 01:08:11 PM
Instead of lowering my car I'm going to have someone sit next to me and give me repeated kidney punches while I'm driving. It will be cheaper and provide the same experience.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

68ChargerJMP

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SeattleCharger

Is there a rear end from another model dodge that you could put on a b body that would let you fit fat tires under a lowered rear?  sort of like a narrowed rear end?  Wonder what is the fattest tire that will tuck up under the back wheel wells if you lower the rear some?  like in the pic above. 

SeattleCharger

The red car looks like it might have a narrowed rear end to fit the tires under the wheel well, looks tough

The purple one looks like it had to be lifted some, big azz meats,   

The tires look about the same width, maybe the rims on the '68 are offset and stick out further?   I don't know. 

Blown70

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on April 26, 2006, 01:48:55 AM

Is there a rear end from another model dodge that you could put on a b body that would let you fit fat tires under a lowered rear?  sort of like a narrowed rear end?  Wonder what is the fattest tire that will tuck up under the back wheel wells if you lower the rear some?  like in the pic above. 

My car has a narrowed Dana.  I think 18" WIDE not diameter but wide tire would fit under her.  I measured that too.  As far as stock you could move the perches on another I guess.  If you look at this chart http://www.mymopar.com/axledims.htm

Hope that helps

Tom

Blown70

Quote from: Steve P. on April 25, 2006, 07:44:46 PM
For sure some measurements are off there, but I would be interested in more pics. and info. on what spindles, TR.ends and rack was used on it.   I have a 2nd 65' Coronet 500 that I would someday like to set up for pure drag. Set the motor back and lighten the front end even more than it is now.

Man, if I'm seeing that right it looks like you could put a 14-71 under the hood without a scoop!!  BUT you'll need about a 2" deep oil pan with a shop vac to circulate the oil.... :devil:

What measurements are off?  I looked at the little numbers and with just the block it was 5 1/4" off the ground.  The motor is sitting approximately where it would be.  I just did not put the elephant ears on it.

You are right I have a lot more room than I thought for the supercharger though..... :devil:

The front end had on in the above photos a lightweight Strange racing coil over.  and the Rack I did not purchase has an SGI on it.

Let me know if you have other questions.... And yes this car is very light in the front end.

Tom

NYCMille

I wish I lived closer as I would love to see that car in person.

Steve P.

I guess it's just how it looks in the pics. To me it looks like the tail of the tranny will be on the ground. It also looks like the tie rod ends are aiming up to the spindles.  Again, it could just be what   I am seeing the pic.  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Blown70

Quote from: Steve P. on April 26, 2006, 10:17:44 AM
I guess it's just how it looks in the pics. To me it looks like the tail of the tranny will be on the ground. It also looks like the tie rod ends are aiming up to the spindles.  Again, it could just be what   I am seeing the pic.  ;)

Steve,

May just look that way.  Should mount up fine, I did not but it was mocked up with a 727 before, no issue that I saw other than the drive shaft is about 3 feet long....  The tunnel in the car is raised about 2 inches.

Let me know when you are doing the coronet.

Tom

Steve P.

That's cool. 2 inches is nothing.. It will be a very long time for the Coronet. Keep those pics. coming.  :yesnod:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparguy01

if something doesnt fit its nothing a case of beer and a welder cant fix. :icon_smile_big:

Blown70

Quote from: moparguy01 on April 26, 2006, 02:58:26 PM
if something doesnt fit its nothing a case of beer and a welder cant fix. :icon_smile_big:

Yes.  Sawsall, vise grip, welder.  We have it coverd.

Tom