News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

found original owner of my 68

Started by 0X01B8, April 24, 2006, 05:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

So, I've got a document from the Ohio dmv that was given to me by the guy I bought my '68 dated in '86.  Something about a lost/destroyed title.  It's got the original owners name and address on it.  I wrote him a letter back in '91 but never got a response.  Guess he moved.  Anyway, the other day I Googled his name (it's a unique/unusual name) and found a guy with the same name whose worked for 30 years for the city of a California beach side community, just miles from the address on the Ohio letter.  I guessed his email address (first inital + last name), sent him a mesage and got a response today!  He said he bought the car right outta boot camp, drove it to CA, and then got shipped off to Nam.  I sent him to my website and recognized the CA plate on the front.  Anyway, he gave me his AOL address and said he will write more later.  If I'm lucky he might have some doc he can send me.  That's gotta be weird to get a message and find out 40 years later what happened to your car, and that it has its own website.  Can't wait to hear from this guy...

mikepmcs

Holy crapola!!! Buy a lottery ticket quick.  Unbelievable!!!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

terrible one

That's awesome man, I'm still working on finding the original owner of my car. Furthest back I've been able to trace it is 1982 in Texas.

0X01B8

Next weird question for him:  Uhhh, did you happen to have it parked around the International hotel in Long Beach around 73/74 when they were filming a car chase for Gone in 60 Seconds?  Red, black vinyl top, no stripe...56 minutes into the movie? You can see the car for 1 second.  Remember?  Sorry!  I'm obsessed...

MassCharger73

1973 Charger

bull

Very cool. I've tried so many times to chase down three previous owners of my car but no such luck.

Silver R/T

havent heard anything from previous owner
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

4402tuff4u

Quote from: bull on April 24, 2006, 06:14:03 PM
Very cool. I've tried so many times to chase down three previous owners of my car but no such luck.

Me too, with no luck. :rotz:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

THE COLONEL

I've tried to get a hold of teh guys I bought The Colonel off of, but no luck.  It was only two years ago that I bought it.  I want to get the names of the people they bought it off of and so on. ::)
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

myk

I'd like to find out why the PO's sold the cars...