News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I can't believe the thought crossed my mind......UPDATE! (I'm keepin it!)

Started by Lightning, April 18, 2006, 12:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Lightning

well, here's my thinking behind the decision to keep it:  I'd want a Charger for fast back-road driving, and I'll keep the LeBaron for use as a drift/rally race car, this way I won't be totalling a piece of Mopar history if I tried to do the latter two with the Charger.

The LeBaron's capabable, and I'm wanting to do my own custom work (just suspension-wise) so that maybe in the future I can start my own tuning business when I get out of tech school (and have a monopoly on the M-body parts in the southeast).

Also, it's simple like this: the Lebaron I can afford to mess up, the Charger I wouldn't want to.

Quote from: 262chargers on April 26, 2006, 04:19:44 PM
Quote from: Lightning 06 on April 26, 2006, 03:42:43 PM
has anybody had any dealings with www.themopardude.com?

::)  :icon_smile_blackeye:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12866.0.html

I feel stupid now, and I'm usually one of the "USE THE SEARCH FEATURE" pushers.   :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_blackeye:

I'm thinking of trying to find a '72-'79 B-body K-frame for my car.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

dpm68

I think Ricardo Montaban would love its soft, supple, Cornithian leather interior!

SirNik73

I've been driving my Mercedes for some time, and the price at the pump just made me change my mode of transpertation. I'm back to drivng my Tercel... that i payed $80 for ;D
I was going to sell the Mercedes at one point, but decided agenst it. I can understand keeping you "Luxury" car as a back up for the Toyota, but puting money into it isn't realy worth it. I maintain the Mercedes. and i love that car, but being in college means i have very little "play" money to spend on car parts. I've been putting that money tward a Charger for a long time. about 2 years, then i bought the Charger, and now that i own it, i keep my "Charger Fund" full and I buy hard to find parts as i find them. I still don't get to drive my Charger, but that dosen't mean its still not the focus of my "play" money.

I would sugest, if you want a Charger, focus your money on getting one, and then fixing it. keep the LeBaron if it has no money value, but provides value to you as a drivable car. or sell it if it can get you closer to your goal. but if you have the same "low" cash flow i have as a college student, get your priorites straight and shoot for your goal, thats the only way to get what you want.

Nik
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

twilt

:blahblah: :blahblah:GET REAL. pull the engine and trans out of the Lebaron, junk the body, and start saving for a Charger. 383 4 speed 77 Lebaron, yeah right :no: :no:.

Brock Samson

i thought you were gonna tubb it and rally race it...

:haha:

Lightning

i wont need to mini-tub it to rally race it... i'll post more tomarrow, its hard to type with a cell phone
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.