News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DOH reunion movie ? for DOH fanatics

Started by Ghoste, April 24, 2006, 06:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I was just watching the made for tv movie of the Dukes Of Hazzard Reunion from a few years back and I have a quick question.  In the early portion of the movie when John Schneider is returning to Hazzard he gets a ride from a girl who he introduces as Miss Talladega.  Is the girl who is playing this role Renee Zellwiger?

bull

Doubtful, or she would have been listed in the credits: http://imdb.com/title/tt0119025/

Probably this chic, Cynthia Rothrock:

Ghoste

It's not that recent a movie though is it?  And the character only gets about 15 seconds of face time.

bull

'97 was the reunion movie but there may have been more than one.

Ghoste

No, there was a Dukes in Hollywood one after that.  When did her star begin to shine, before or after 97?

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on April 24, 2006, 06:15:55 PM
No, there was a Dukes in Hollywood one after that.  When did her star begin to shine, before or after 97?

Her first big role was in, uh, can't remember the name. It was the "show me the money" movie with Tom Cruise.

Oh yea, Jerry Maguire, 1996.

MichaelRW

She always looks like she just sucked a lemon but she sure was good in Cold Mountain.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Brock Samson

WARNING!

that link to the actress has multiple awful popups..

bull

Quote from: Stratocharger on April 24, 2006, 07:24:33 PM
WARNING!

that link to the actress has multiple awful popups..

Sorry, my popup blocker is working pretty good I guess. I changed it and posted just the picture.

bull

Quote from: MichaelRW on April 24, 2006, 06:31:09 PM
She always looks like she just sucked a lemon but she sure was good in Cold Mountain.

She also looks like a waxed apple. I've never seen a face as shiney as hers.

mikepmcs

Is this her, if it is her name is Jennifer Lyons.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

i liked her (Renee Z.) in Nurse Betty..  ;) oh chicago was pretty good too for a musical... the actresses in that all rocked,.. Her 'n Catherine Zeta Jones and Queen Latifa were excellent!.. Even singing...  :icon_smile_wink:

mikepmcs

You scare me, but your car rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ok, I liked those movies too~~ :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BlueSS454

Jennifer Lyons played the chick in the DOH reunion movie in the beginning.  She also played Pam Macy on That 70's Show.
Tom Rightler

Ghoste

What does anyone know about the cars from the tv movie?  Were those all original WB Chargers or did they hunt down a few for the "event".

6pkrunner

Tom Wopat ....  Luke Duke
John Schneider ....  Bo Duke
Catherine Bach ....  Daisy Duke
Denver Pyle ....  Uncle Jesse Duke
James Best ....  Boss/Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane
Ben Jones ....  Rep. Cooter Davenport
Sonny Shroyer ....  Enos Strate
Rick Hurst ....  Deputy Cletus Hogg
Don Williams ....  The Balladeer (voice)
Gary Hudson ....  Riker
Cynthia Rothrock[/i] ....  Bertha Jo
Stella Stevens ....  Mama Max
David Anderson   
Daniel Anderson ....  Buzz Kilroy
Travis McKenna ....  Bubba

Dale The Bold

Cynthia Rothrock was an entirely different character.  The kickboxer who played Bubba's girlfriend.

Jennifer Lyons is the correct answer, she played "Tammy" in the first Dukes of Hazzard Reunion (1997).  Look at #32 on this list:  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0529078/
She's so good lookin', it hurts!
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

bull

Ghoste

In the Dukes flick though she had her face all kind of squinty eyed like Zellweger and that's what threw me I guess.

derailed

Renee Zellwegers career goes back to the early 90s, reality bites, return of the texas chainsaw massacer, 8 seconds, empire records were a few.

CNH 320

Quote from: Ghoste on April 25, 2006, 06:05:52 AM
What does anyone know about the cars from the tv movie?  Were those all original WB Chargers or did they hunt down a few for the "event".

From my memory, 2 or 3 series used Generals and some "new" ones. MikeD or Jim Shine can prob tell you much more.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: bull on April 25, 2006, 05:48:36 PM
Much prettier than Zellweger IMO

sorry, but I beg to differ, IMO.   zellweger is just plain cute

jacking the thread,   :icon_smile_wink:    well, I wouldn't mind seeing both those reunion Dukes movies, didin't know about them, wonder if you can rent them at blockbuster or something.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Ghoste

Maybe.  The source I watched it off of was taped from the television broadcast so the quality wasn't great but it was still an amusing way to spend a couple of hours.

Mike DC

There was one 1968 car that was original from the TV series, and three more fresh GLs were hastily built for the first "Reunion" show. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new ones were all '69 automatic 318 & 383 cars grabbed out of the L.A. classifieds in late 1996.

They didn't total any of them in the first "Reunion."  The rollover & jumping footage in that show was all recycled from the old TV series.  They jumped (totalled) a rusty 383 '69 car in the second "Reunion" in Hollywood.

All these cars got later used in the 2005 movie.  The original '68 was preserved as a "closeup" car (thanks to the efforts of some DOH fans) and got a 528 Hemi crate motor.  The hull of the totalled '69 was reworked & used for some in-car spinning shots.

Ghoste

Same guy loaned me a tape of the Hazzard in Hollywood movie today.  Finished watching it about two hours ago.  I'd guess I know the jump. ;D

Dale The Bold

I think CMT will be running both reunions in a couple of weeks.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Ghoste

Really?  I'll have to try and make my own crappy copy.

BlueSS454

One more thing I forgot to add about Jennifer Lyons.  While playing the role of Pam Macy in That 70's Show, she and Kelso were out on a date and she was driving a 69 Charger.  The scene faded close into the car, but you could see the front end of it when the scene came on.  I'll have to see if I can find out what episode that was.
Tom Rightler

Ghoste

I missed that one.  It'd be the closest Ashton ever came to actually being cool.