News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(Lots of Pics) Back From Spring Carlisle.....

Started by Old Moparz, April 24, 2006, 11:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

.....and it was WET::)

Never went back on Sunday because of the rain, & since I didn't have my camera, I have some photos from last year at the Chrysler at Carlisle show. :D

Saturday rained all day, but it was great to meet up with a couple of old friends of mine that I don't get to hang out with much anymore. One guy, John, moved to VA 2 years ago & I've known him since the fourth grade. The other guy, Mark, is still kind of local in NJ, but is married with kids so there's never enough time to get together. I've known him since high school. They both own old Chebbies & not Mopars, so I hang out with them because they need some guidance in their lives.

They got there early on Friday when it was nice out, so they managed to cover the fairgrounds & buy a few things. I planned to go early also, but since I had the day off I had to take care of a few overdue things at home. I also took someone I hadn't seen in over 20 years to lunch, so that was pretty cool. I got to Carlisle in time to see the rain start & decided to go straight to the hotel & called my friends to let them know I was there. We met up & then went to.....

NATHAN'S CAFE to eat.  :drool5:

Nathan's Cafe (Don't let the appearance fool you either.)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

More Cars.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

More still.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

If you're after NOS parts, don't get taken to the Carlisle Cleaners.  :o
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

And More.

This rust bucket looks familiar.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

73rallye440magnum

What's the scoop on the old rusty chally? Thanks for sharing pics.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Old Moparz

Don't recall the Challenger info except it was so rotted it was worth taking a photo.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

And more cars.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

More.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

I forget where this was, saw it on the way home.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

More of the T/A.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

T/A
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

AAR Cuda.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

AAR.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

Found this in the road, but there was nobody under it.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

Sesquehana River on the way home.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

MassCharger73

Sorry the weather was foul, love the pics especially the Trans Am cars. BTW who's the old hippy ?  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger

Brock Samson

Yeah know what happened right?.. His buddy reached over and threw the freakin hat out the window..

Great Pics up close but far away they look not so sharp... is that the mega pixels?.
now see that Daytona is my fav. car... just like that.
Thanks 'o bearded one..

Old Moparz

Quote from: MassCharger73 on April 24, 2006, 12:39:10 PM
Sorry the weather was foul, love the pics especially the Trans Am cars. BTW who's the old hippy ?  :icon_smile_big:

Watch your words. I don't care if you call me old, but I do shower so I ain't no hippie.  :D

Quote from: Stratocharger on April 24, 2006, 12:52:33 PM
Yeah know what happened right?.. His buddy reached over and threw the freakin hat out the window..

Great Pics up close but far away they look not so sharp... is that the mega pixels?.
now see that Daytona is my fav. car... just like that.
Thanks 'o bearded one..

I had it on a medium setting, but forget the actual pixels & reduced them so you don't have to scroll side to side. I think I had it on a 1024 pixel width, but it can go larger.

You're welcome. :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Chris G.

Bob, what a complete waste of a 3hr drive. I got there on Sunday and it was on and off until the serious rain hit around 10:30am. I got an Honest Charley t-shirt, stopped in the "T" and autographed my spot (and had a moment), and then got the hell out of there.

Still, this swap is always a reminder that the season is here. We have a show this Sunday and e-town is right around the corner.

ps- When are we getting a Carlisle sticky Troy-rrific? I would hate to bump that group buy in thread, but...  :icon_smile_wink:

TheGhost

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on April 24, 2006, 11:42:51 AM

If I remember right, that was an original T/A....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

73rallye440magnum

Yeah I found that out, i saw a pic of the car at the Hamtramack Regisrty site. What was the asking price? (If it was for sale) Old Moparz- I believe i saw that red 68 Hemi R/T at a car show in Florida. Was it a four speed Mr. Norms car with a white interior? Looked to have been repainted once but mostly original. Have pics somewhere but didnt get the VIN as my blasted camera died.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Just 6T9 CHGR

A lot of those cars look familiar :scratchchin:

Hopefully this years Chryslers @ Carlisle wont have any rain :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Arthu®

Nice cars but the fake disc brake behind wheel of that 68. I don't know, I have always questioned myself why someone would do that?

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Goldfinger71

Thanks for the pics!............That burnt orange 70'Charger is one of my favorites! :yesnod:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Chris G.

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on April 25, 2006, 10:20:55 AM
Thanks for the pics!............That burnt orange 70'Charger is one of my favorites! :yesnod:

Would someone buy this wonderful individual a beer please.  :icon_smile_wink:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on April 25, 2006, 10:25:43 AM

Would someone buy this wonderful individual a beer please. :icon_smile_wink:

Great.....ya just cost us a few $$ in gas for the trip.....the extra weight of his inflated cranium...sheesh :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

Quote from: TheGhost on April 24, 2006, 08:17:52 PM
Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on April 24, 2006, 11:42:51 AM

If I remember right, that was an original T/A....

OK, i definitly see a rusty old chally, but, what scoop?..  did it rust away completly?..

Charger_Fan

Great pics, Moparz! :thumbs:
Man, it sure would be a blast to go flog one of those Trans Am cars wouldn't it? :icon_smile_cool:

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on April 25, 2006, 11:31:28 AM
Quote from: Burnt70R/T on April 25, 2006, 10:25:43 AM

Would someone buy this wonderful individual a beer please. :icon_smile_wink:

Great.....ya just cost us a few $$ in gas for the trip.....the extra weight of his inflated cranium...sheesh :rotz:
:haha: :haha:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)