News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finish Line Movie

Started by my73charger, April 24, 2006, 10:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

Has anyone seen this movie yet?  I just ordered it last night.  Looks pretty good.

www.finishlinemovie.com

terrible one

Looks very cool. Tell us how it is. I might want to order it.

Lightning

I was thinking of ordering that movie as well. I'd like to hear a review on it.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

my73charger

I will do a movie review asap.  Should be fun.

Crazy Larry

I have a copy of it.

It is a movie with a decent story as it shows how emotional attachments can be passed from family members and friends in the form of a classic muscle car (in this case a 70 Charger and Superbird).

In fact there are a ton of muscle cars throughout the movie.
The downside is that the movie was shot on video and it looks more like a TV afterschool news special than a feature film. For a movie that is half set in 1970, the video look doesn't help it - the vietnam scenes and night-time cruise scenes look like footage someone with a normal video camera would take. It's too bad too, because if the movie was shot on film, it would have been more convincing. When you watch it, you just can't buy the whole 70's flashback sequences.

Now, the movie is still somewhat enjoyable for the amount of cars in it - but there isn't really that much car action because these were show cars donated to the film and obviously not stunt cars for the director to have the drivers go all-out in.

For the price that I payed - from the production company's website - I was expecting a bit more. Maybe a director commentary or even a behind-the-scenes look at the cars in the film or the making of. But its just the movie on the DVD and its one that you should wait to rent.

Chris G.

I've had the movie for a few months now. It's pretty much how Crazy Larry described it. The acting is rough, the video quality is clear but sucks. There's a bunch of Mopars and the girls (mom and the kids gf) in the movie have nice little chassis, so it's all good. If you want to talk to the owner of the '70 Charger, he might be a member here? He's definitely on the '70 board. He bought the car after the movie was shot.

ps- There's even a song about the 440 6pack.

Shakey

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on April 24, 2006, 06:49:39 PM
I've had the movie for a few months now. It's pretty much how Crazy Larry described it. The acting is rough, the video quality is clear but sucks. There's a bunch of Mopars and the girls (mom and the kids gf) in the movie have nice little chassis, so it's all good. If you want to talk to the owner of the '70 Charger, he might be a member here? He's definitely on the '70 board. He bought the car after the movie was shot.

ps- There's even a song about the 440 6pack.

Dodge Don let me borrow his copy a few weeks back.  He warned me about the acting and I felt the same way he did - "after 10 minutes you are ready to shut it off but you keep watching to see more cars".

After 10 minutes I was waiting for all the clothes to come off and everyone to start bangin' each other.  I figured Bike Boy was gonna put the boots to the bullies girlfriend right on the sidewalk with the funky music as background music .  He kinda reminded me of a young Dirk Diggler.

I am glad I didn't pay any money to see it.

mikepmcs

When was this movie made? I looked for it and can't find it. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

my73charger

Dirk Diggler LOL!  I collect old car movies so I won't mind adding another with some nice mopars in it.  Can't be any worse than Two Lane Black Top...

BLACKWOLF

LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

my73charger

Go to the link at the top.  There is a purchase link.

www.finishlinemovie.com

Crazy Larry

Quote from: my73charger on April 25, 2006, 07:54:33 AM
Dirk Diggler LOL!  I collect old car movies so I won't mind adding another with some nicemopars in it.  Can't be any worse than Two Lane Black Top...

"Two Lane Blacktop" is like "Raiders of the Lost Ark" compared to this movie.

my73charger

Ok, finally had a chance to watch the movie.  It is pretty much as Larry described.  It is a low budget film.  It really does have a good story line (actually an excellent story line) though and for me the Mopars, especially the Chargers make it a good add to my car movie collection.  I would recommend buying it, but I collect hotrod movies.  I paid $18 and that included shipping. Not bad.

I enjoyed it more than Two Lane Blacktop.  :icon_smile_big:

Crazy Larry

Quote from: my73charger on May 06, 2006, 10:10:52 PM

Really? The scene where the 1970 Charger runs the 55 Chevy off the road in "Two-Lane" is a classic as well as its opening with the film footage of the actual Los Angeles night time drag racing crowd (using a Charger Daytona and Hemi 'Cuda), that is another memorable one.

Just curious, what scenes in "Finish Line" do you think are better?

my73charger

Just as a whole i liked this movie better.  I absolutely hated the way Two Lane ended and was bored through most of it I guess.  Liked the race scenes hated the ending.  Not that this Finish Line Movie was that good.  The story was good, the cars were awesome.  The acting was stinky though.  It would have been great of some big name Director/Producer had done it though.

Shakey

Quote from: Crazy Larry on May 08, 2006, 01:38:08 AM
Quote from: my73charger on May 06, 2006, 10:10:52 PM

Really? The scene where the 1970 Charger runs the 55 Chevy off the road in "Two-Lane" is a classic as well as its opening with the film footage of the actual Los Angeles night time drag racing crowd (using a Charger Daytona and Hemi 'Cuda), that is another memorable one.

Just curious, what scenes in "Finish Line" do you think are better?

The best scene in Finish Line - when the two cars floated up into the sky at the end.  :thumbs:

I had tears in my eyes.   :D

Mike DC

You know the scene in "Two Lane Blacktop" where the Chevy gets run off the road by the Charger? 
Well, originally they were supposed to roll the Chevy over.  But they didn't have a ramp and the driver couldn't get it to roll at the time.  So they just had it run off the road instead.

The rollcaged '55 Chevy that was built for the rollover in "2-Lane" was later used to do Falfa's rollover at the end of "American Graffiti."

Crazy Larry

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 09, 2006, 06:21:06 AM

You know the scene in "Two Lane Blacktop" where the Chevy gets run off the road by the Charger? 
Well, originally they were supposed to roll the Chevy over.  But they didn't have a ramp and the driver couldn't get it to roll at the time.  So they just had it run off the road instead.

The rollcaged '55 Chevy that was built for the rollover in "2-Lane" was later used to do Falfa's rollover at the end of "American Graffiti."

that's a good piece of trivia - where did you hear about that?