News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cool 69 rt/se

Started by cbrestorations, March 31, 2017, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

ive known about this car for 20 years and now he gave me the chance to buy it, 69 rt/se original x9 black paint, black top, b7 blue interior, v88 stripe delete, console, a/c, disc brakes, sure grip car. rust free desert car even bumper jack still and build sheet still there. sadly he gave away the original engine and trans 20 years ago to a friend. he is not a mopar guy but got the car for his son in law buy trading a set of moldings for a belair for the charger from an indian reservation. his son in law turned out to be a pos so he kept the car and stashed it in his backyard. he does still have the original gauge cluster and misc. dash pieces. the original console is missing along with the woodgrain wheel.

Daytona R/T SE

:2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Cars from the desert amaze me.  :scope:

F8-4life

So basically a 2/3rd's triple black car with a blue interior, pretty badass just like a black eye.

cbrestorations

Quote from: F8-4life on March 31, 2017, 10:27:30 PM
So basically a 2/3rd's triple black car with a blue interior, pretty badass just like a black eye.

lol right...

daveco

Truly stunning how low the value of these cars went, before ricocheting into the stratosphere.
R/Tree

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CRW-FK5

So it's a real TX9 car, or was it just repainted in black?

Wingnut426

Looks like an extra pedal under the dash?  No 440 4-speed cars came with A/C.  :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on April 01, 2017, 07:40:01 AM
So it's a real TX9 car, or was it just repainted in black?

It looks like the under side of trunk lid is black , and appears to have the orig  jack instructions sticker there , so might be an orig black car . Not a fan of the blue interior on a black though .

Daytona R/T SE

That's a good looking 1972 and newer jack in the trunk. :scope:

moparfan53

Quote from: Wingnut426 on April 01, 2017, 07:50:58 AM
Looks like an extra pedal under the dash?  No 440 4-speed cars came with A/C.  :Twocents:

Good catch!   :yesnod:

Looks like an aftermarket shifter, so probably converted to a 4spd. That would be easier/more likely than installing factory air on a 4spd car.

Build sheet will tell the real story of course.

:cheers:

moparfan53

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 01, 2017, 08:43:17 AM
That's a good looking 1972 and newer jack in the trunk. :scope:

Another good catch! Some sharp eyed guys here today.  ;D

:cheers:

Challenger340

WOW !
You guys are good ! It amazes me how fast you guys can catch stuff from just a few Pics ?

Looks like G11 Tinted Glass as well for the A/C ?, so maybe adds some more probability to the 4 spd swap ?   Neat car  :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

cbrestorations

its a true x9/b7 interior car. the car was originally a d32 automatic, i was waiting for the guy to mention the pedals with a/c lol. it still has the automatic brake pedal. build sheet is still intact behind the seat

BrianShaughnessy

:cheers:   Cool.   Good luck!  :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Challenger340

Quote from: cbrestorations on April 01, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
its a true x9/b7 interior car. the car was originally a d32 automatic, i was waiting for the guy to mention the pedals with a/c lol. it still has the automatic brake pedal. build sheet is still intact behind the seat

IMO, that X9/B7 interior combination has got to be pretty rare ?   The B-Sheet will be interesting as to Y13, Y14, etc., ?

Admittedly, I am not the most knowledgeable on these cars, but of the limited "X9" V88 1969 R/T SE examples I have seen.... the B7 interior is a FIRST for me ? (Black & CRT seemingly more common ?)

68RT440

That sounds like it would be a really neat color combo. On one of the auctions, I cant remember which one, there was a Black convertible Cuda with B5 interior sitting on the auction block as a showcase it looked really cool in that combo...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 01, 2017, 12:15:00 PM

IMO, that X9/B7 interior combination has got to be pretty rare ?   The B-Sheet will be interesting as to Y13, Y14, etc., ?

Admittedly, I am not the most knowledgeable on these cars, but of the limited "X9" V88 1969 R/T SE examples I have seen.... the B7 interior is a FIRST for me ? (Black & CRT seemingly more common ?)

ahh your RTSE knowledge is better than most and usually spot on... :cheers:  I want to believe it.  I seem to recall a couple others.  Maybe a 69 C69 Coronet that was X9 with B7 on ebay with fender tag &/or build sht and maybe a 72 Challenger some yrs back.  But indeed a extremely rare combo for mopar (if X9 with blue int on RTSE).  Seems odd that the black completely stops at the sail panel vinyl trim.  It is my experience that the factory paint on the vinyl top cars would have over spray up on the sail panel.  Not stop so crisp.  So is that going on not having overspray?

So CB are you or have you bought it?  Any more better photos coming? 

cbrestorations

i havent bought it yet, im leaving a deposit monday and should have enought to pay it off in a month. i was going to use the money on my roadrace charger but im not going to pass this deal up on the black rt/se

Kern Dog

Black body with a blue interior is a sharp combination. Many of these cars came in colors that I'd never try to duplicate but this is a candidate for a stock appearing car with hidden upgrades.   :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

DAY CLONA

Nice score! black and blue cars are very sharp when fresh looking, esp Chargers

here's a 70 for some future enthusiasm in restoring it

DAY CLONA

cbrestorations

i had to work late last night at the strip club but i got the cash, picking it up Tuesday, pics to come

Kern Dog

Quote from: cbrestorations on April 02, 2017, 08:23:32 PM
i had to work late last night at the strip club but i got the cash, picking it up Tuesday, pics to come

Are you the mop boy or one of the dancers?   :smilielol:

cbrestorations

I've got moves... :coolgleamA: old ladies love me

Kern Dog

Hell yeah....The cars aint gonna pay for themselves...

TPR

Looking forward to the pics.
(of the resto, not you on the pole)
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

tan top

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on April 01, 2017, 09:07:31 PM

ahh your RTSE knowledge is better than most and usually spot on... :cheers:  I want to believe it.  I seem to recall a couple others.  Maybe a 69 C69 Coronet that was X9 with B7 on ebay with fender tag &/or build sht and maybe a 72 Challenger some yrs back.  But indeed a extremely rare combo for mopar (if X9 with blue int on RTSE).  Seems odd that the black completely stops at the sail panel vinyl trim.  It is my experience that the factory paint on the vinyl top cars would have over spray up on the sail panel.  Not stop so crisp.  So is that going on not having overspray?

as far as I know  , the steering column bracket is always painted body color ,  no signs of black on this to me , looks green , could be because ive lightened it  :slap:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

cbrestorations

CRW-FK5

Quote from: tan top on April 03, 2017, 07:06:11 AM
Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on April 01, 2017, 09:07:31 PM

as far as I know  , the steering column bracket is always painted body color ,  no signs of black on this to me , looks green , could be because ive lightened it  :slap:
From the original picture (of a picture) on page 1 the floor pan looks almost blue, although difficult to tell for sure.

cbrestorations

Because there's blue carpet lol. I'm picking the car up tomorrow, I'll take actual pics and video. He said the build sheet is behind the seat,  that he can see it but never pulled it out. Hopefully it's decent shape

darbgnik

Very nice! I'd totally rock the black with the blue interior!

I'd probably do a blue tail stripe decal to tie it all together.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Kern Dog

That is a nice step up for you. It looks pretty solid and complete.
I hope things are okay with your dad.  :cheers: That white El Camino must be his, right?

TPR

Congrats cb. You scored big time.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

tan top

Charger Stuff 

keepat

cbrestorations

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 05, 2017, 04:39:27 AM
That is a nice step up for you. It looks pretty solid and complete.
I hope things are okay with your dad.  :cheers: That white El Camino must be his, right?

actually the elco is mine, trying to sell it.

cbrestorations

i had no idea i would own this car this weekend or even ever...i was just driving thru mojave where the car was and i saw him outside as he is right off the freeway, so i called and asked if i could stop by and bullshit with him because normally he is at work from 1-10pm and i always miss him. so i whipped around and  we were just talking cars when he pulls out a set of pictures he had developed. he was going to give them to a friend of his who was going to van nuys show this weekend and see what he could get for the car. i havent tried to ask him if i could buy the car before because his grandson said he wont sell it. thats when i asked if i could buy it, as ive known about the car for 20 years seeing the ass end of it as a kid every summer going to visit the grand parents. well the car disappeared one summer and i always figured they sold it. 3 years ago going back thru that town i was just curious and peaked over the wall, there it was hidden in the back with crap pilled all over and on top of it. so i went to the door and knocked to ask if the charger was for sale. that was when the grandson told me is was not and will not be for sale. so then for awhile i would try and stop by just to get permission to see it. i didnt know what options it had other than black with an r/t emblem but it could of been painted black. i kept missing him or it was already dark so i never got to see it in person till i showed up with the trailer and cash. all i saw where the pics of it he showed me at the visit prior. i wanted to lay a deposit on it then and there but he said no, you need to look at it during the day. i was there a few days later with the cash knowing i was gonna take it. we had to take part of his fence down to get it out because it was so buried in junk around it.

cbrestorations

did a little video with the guy about how he aquired it and his history with it. i screwed up and didnt hold the phone sideways so its a small screen.  https://youtu.be/fQCE63bXCQg

Beep Beep Dave

That was a good idea with the video. Best of luck with the Charger. Looks like it will be a nice project.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

CRW-FK5

70B5Cuda

Congrats-that's a really solid car. I remember you posting pics of it in the guy's back yard a while back. Persistence pays off. Most of my cars were only purchased after multiple visits and phone calls.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

darbgnik

This one's too easy for you, no? There's guys with less skills on here who'd have fun with this one...... lol.

How long will this one sit in the pipeline?
Brad

Challenger340

GREAT CAR  :2thumbs:

But then again,
from my avatar, you may correctly assume that I am slightly biased around X9 V1X V88 1969 Charger R/T SE's ?

69 OUR/TEA

Congrats cb , looks like a nice solid car !!!

chargerboy69

Quote from: darbgnik on April 05, 2017, 01:16:49 PM
This one's too easy for you, no? There's guys with less skills on here who'd have fun with this one...... lol.

My thoughts exactly. The wife is always up for a couple nights at the Bellagio. I could be out there in a couple days. . . . just in time to catch the Osmonds at the Flamingo this weekend.  :icon_smile_big:

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger_Fan

Cool car, and a good story to boot! :cheers:

Kern Dog will be along shortly to bust your chops on the "small screen" video. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

F8-4life

Clean fender tag! This car is a major score in my world.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Charger_Fan on April 05, 2017, 04:06:33 PM
Cool car, and a good story to boot! :cheers:

Kern Dog will be along shortly to bust your chops on the "small screen" video. :icon_smile_big:

I have not seen it but I'm guessing the content outweighs the filming style?

I just think that we can do better. Some may not care but recording video or pictures the right way looks so much better.

darbgnik

Quote from: chargerboy69 on April 05, 2017, 02:53:16 PM

My thoughts exactly. The wife is always up for a couple nights at the Bellagio. I could be out there in a couple days. . . . just in time to catch the Osmonds at the Flamingo this weekend.  :icon_smile_big:

Yeah, me and the girl will be in Vegas Monday night, we could always take her off your hands. lol  :icon_smile_wink:
Brad

cbrestorations

I'm gonna try and paint the drivers door black and then add some age and surface rust to it. I wanna take it to the van Nuys show this weekend as a newly found rare car as is

Kern Dog

With your rapid progress with fab work, I expect it to be a running driver by Friday.  :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

Anyone see the car in the park on Saturday? I did. It looks pretty solid. Nice score, Sir.   :2thumbs:

cbrestorations

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 10, 2017, 12:46:03 AM
Anyone see the car in the park on Saturday? I did. It looks pretty solid. Nice score, Sir.   :2thumbs:
thanks, sorry i missed ya. i was back and forth between car show and swap meet all day. i had to of said "not for sale" atleast 50 times that day lol

Kern Dog

That is a form of flattery, you know. I'm impressed that you brought it that far just to share the cool experience with the crowd. 5 1/2 hours each way!
I've had my Charger there a few times but never hang around it. I often hear from people that wanted to ask questions. So many other interesting cars there to see so I rarely hang around.

E86/A47

Congrats CB! Great score. As you can see by my user name, I am partial to RT/SE's but my current car is only an SE (RT clone.) I look forward to seeing the resto on this (assuming you are planning on restoring her.)

cbrestorations

I don't plan on restoring for now. It gets more attention as a ratty survivor. All I'm gonna do is make the interior good enough to feel comfortable sitting in it, build a nice 440 for it with a a518 trans, find a black door or paint it to look like an old black door, buff out the original paint and make a ratty driver out of it. I'm debating bringing it to Vegas show or daisy project as an under construction car.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: cbrestorations on April 10, 2017, 12:59:17 PM
I don't plan on restoring for now. It gets more attention as a ratty survivor. All I'm gonna do is make the interior good enough to feel comfortable sitting in it, build a nice 440 for it with a a518 trans, find a black door or paint it to look like an old black door, buff out the original paint and make a ratty driver out of it. I'm debating bringing it to Vegas show or daisy project as an under construction car.

That's an awesome save.  Wow, and such a cool story.

Should submit it to the "Barn Finds / As Is" section of the MCACN show.  We'd love to have it.  www.mcacn.com