News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cool 69 rt/se

Started by cbrestorations, March 31, 2017, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

ive known about this car for 20 years and now he gave me the chance to buy it, 69 rt/se original x9 black paint, black top, b7 blue interior, v88 stripe delete, console, a/c, disc brakes, sure grip car. rust free desert car even bumper jack still and build sheet still there. sadly he gave away the original engine and trans 20 years ago to a friend. he is not a mopar guy but got the car for his son in law buy trading a set of moldings for a belair for the charger from an indian reservation. his son in law turned out to be a pos so he kept the car and stashed it in his backyard. he does still have the original gauge cluster and misc. dash pieces. the original console is missing along with the woodgrain wheel.

Daytona R/T SE

:2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Cars from the desert amaze me.  :scope:

F8-4life

So basically a 2/3rd's triple black car with a blue interior, pretty badass just like a black eye.

cbrestorations

Quote from: F8-4life on March 31, 2017, 10:27:30 PM
So basically a 2/3rd's triple black car with a blue interior, pretty badass just like a black eye.

lol right...

daveco

Truly stunning how low the value of these cars went, before ricocheting into the stratosphere.
R/Tree

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CRW-FK5

So it's a real TX9 car, or was it just repainted in black?

Wingnut426

Looks like an extra pedal under the dash?  No 440 4-speed cars came with A/C.  :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: CRW-FK5 on April 01, 2017, 07:40:01 AM
So it's a real TX9 car, or was it just repainted in black?

It looks like the under side of trunk lid is black , and appears to have the orig  jack instructions sticker there , so might be an orig black car . Not a fan of the blue interior on a black though .

Daytona R/T SE

That's a good looking 1972 and newer jack in the trunk. :scope:

moparfan53

Quote from: Wingnut426 on April 01, 2017, 07:50:58 AM
Looks like an extra pedal under the dash?  No 440 4-speed cars came with A/C.  :Twocents:

Good catch!   :yesnod:

Looks like an aftermarket shifter, so probably converted to a 4spd. That would be easier/more likely than installing factory air on a 4spd car.

Build sheet will tell the real story of course.

:cheers:

moparfan53

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 01, 2017, 08:43:17 AM
That's a good looking 1972 and newer jack in the trunk. :scope:

Another good catch! Some sharp eyed guys here today.  ;D

:cheers:

Challenger340

WOW !
You guys are good ! It amazes me how fast you guys can catch stuff from just a few Pics ?

Looks like G11 Tinted Glass as well for the A/C ?, so maybe adds some more probability to the 4 spd swap ?   Neat car  :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

cbrestorations

its a true x9/b7 interior car. the car was originally a d32 automatic, i was waiting for the guy to mention the pedals with a/c lol. it still has the automatic brake pedal. build sheet is still intact behind the seat

BrianShaughnessy

:cheers:   Cool.   Good luck!  :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Challenger340

Quote from: cbrestorations on April 01, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
its a true x9/b7 interior car. the car was originally a d32 automatic, i was waiting for the guy to mention the pedals with a/c lol. it still has the automatic brake pedal. build sheet is still intact behind the seat

IMO, that X9/B7 interior combination has got to be pretty rare ?   The B-Sheet will be interesting as to Y13, Y14, etc., ?

Admittedly, I am not the most knowledgeable on these cars, but of the limited "X9" V88 1969 R/T SE examples I have seen.... the B7 interior is a FIRST for me ? (Black & CRT seemingly more common ?)
Only wimps wear Bowties !

68RT440

That sounds like it would be a really neat color combo. On one of the auctions, I cant remember which one, there was a Black convertible Cuda with B5 interior sitting on the auction block as a showcase it looked really cool in that combo...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 01, 2017, 12:15:00 PM
Quote from: cbrestorations on April 01, 2017, 10:44:00 AM

IMO, that X9/B7 interior combination has got to be pretty rare ?   The B-Sheet will be interesting as to Y13, Y14, etc., ?

Admittedly, I am not the most knowledgeable on these cars, but of the limited "X9" V88 1969 R/T SE examples I have seen.... the B7 interior is a FIRST for me ? (Black & CRT seemingly more common ?)

ahh your RTSE knowledge is better than most and usually spot on... :cheers:  I want to believe it.  I seem to recall a couple others.  Maybe a 69 C69 Coronet that was X9 with B7 on ebay with fender tag &/or build sht and maybe a 72 Challenger some yrs back.  But indeed a extremely rare combo for mopar (if X9 with blue int on RTSE).  Seems odd that the black completely stops at the sail panel vinyl trim.  It is my experience that the factory paint on the vinyl top cars would have over spray up on the sail panel.  Not stop so crisp.  So is that going on not having overspray?

So CB are you or have you bought it?  Any more better photos coming? 

cbrestorations

i havent bought it yet, im leaving a deposit monday and should have enought to pay it off in a month. i was going to use the money on my roadrace charger but im not going to pass this deal up on the black rt/se

Kern Dog

Black body with a blue interior is a sharp combination. Many of these cars came in colors that I'd never try to duplicate but this is a candidate for a stock appearing car with hidden upgrades.   :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

DAY CLONA

Nice score! black and blue cars are very sharp when fresh looking, esp Chargers

here's a 70 for some future enthusiasm in restoring it

DAY CLONA

cbrestorations

i had to work late last night at the strip club but i got the cash, picking it up Tuesday, pics to come

Kern Dog

Quote from: cbrestorations on April 02, 2017, 08:23:32 PM
i had to work late last night at the strip club but i got the cash, picking it up Tuesday, pics to come

Are you the mop boy or one of the dancers?   :smilielol: