News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First Car Show....and I Won!!! (56k beware)

Started by Judhudson, April 23, 2006, 05:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judhudson

Please excuse me if this is posted in the wrong section, but I thought I would share a good mopar experience.   ;D

Went to my first car show Saturday since two years of working on the car.  I was literally shocked.  6 classics there (3 mopars including mine, fords, and a Nova) and the rest were just modern hot rodders.  It turned out to be pretty big with the hot rodders.  Over 50 cars total!

Well, took the General and a lot of folks loved it.  Nobody has ever seen a General Lee in Huntsville before, and folks couldn't tell it apart from a 69.  The ones that did, didn't care and still loved it!  Lots of positive feedback and kids wanting to take their pictures.  I helped them climb thru the windows so they could get some nice shots.

After seeing all of the cars there, including the nice classics, I knew that I had no chance of winning.  Since it was my first car show, I didn't know what classes they had.  When they called out "Classic Mopar", I was dissappointed that I didn't win it (although an extremely nice deserving 55' Chrysler 300 did).  However, things changed when they called out their Hooter's Choice award!

I went flying so fast that if I went any faster, time would slow down.  It turned out to be a great day.  Got an award, 50 free wings, and lots of cheers.  In fact, I believe it's the only award I got for anything.

I took the liberty of getting some shots for you to see...

CFMopar

Never seen a 3rd gen general.... Dosnt like half bad though. I wouldnt do it with my 71 but its not bad...     Now never mind the 50 free wings you should've got some phone numbers...  ;D
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

ScottW

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

terrible one

Heh...look at this guy. Guess you can't blame him though  :icon_smile_big:

BTW, Congrats man!

Brock Samson

congrats man! that's kinda different for a Jennie Lee... are the doors welded shut too?.

PlumBad70

Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

Dodge Don

Quote from: terrible one on April 23, 2006, 06:38:53 PM
Heh...look at this guy. Guess you can't blame him though  :icon_smile_big:

BTW, Congrats man!

I noticed that as well......poor slob thought big speakers in the trunk of some econocrapper was the cats meow.......umm no.

NHCharger

Congrats on the win. Must have really tweaked the vette guys that your 3rd gen. GL won the Hooter's Choice award.
I agree with Chuck, I would have traded all my wings for just one phone #.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

greenpigs

One the shirts they had on would have been better.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mopar440+6

Quote from: greenpigs on April 23, 2006, 07:30:56 PM
One the shirts they had on would have been better.

Only if the Hooters girl was taking it off to give it to you... :D
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

TruckDriver

Way to go!!! I like the blonde on the driver side a lot ;) Oh, and the car is nice too! :D :2thumbs:

Didn't you paint your car into a General because of a little kid or something?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Judhudson

Thanks for the comments :D

Ya, I should of gotten some numbers, but I guess I just lost my mind when I got the award.

DodgeChargerGuy, you might have me confused with someone else.  Although I was that little kid at one point that wanted a General :P

Bandit72

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on April 23, 2006, 08:55:31 PM
Way to go!!! I like the blonde on the driver side a lot ;) Oh, and the car is nice too! :D :2thumbs:

Didn't you paint your car into a General because of a little kid or something?

i remember hearing that somewhere too

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

charger_lady

Congrats on the win :icon_smile_wink:
Wings...hope you got some beverages to go with the wings  :cheers:
Looking forward to doing some shows with ours...soon :yesnod:

41husk

congrats!! we went to a show this weekend put on by a local radio station.  The Hooters girls were there as well, I scoped some much hotter girls just walking around the show.  Nothing like a sunny day, hot cars, hotter girls and cold beer.  I love summer :yesnod: 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerboy69

That is a beautifull car. I have never seen a 3 rd generation General before, but I really like it. . Thanks for the Hooters girls pictures too. . . Don't forget to post the on the "chicks on Chargers" thread over in the off topic area. Those would be great additions over there.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

smokinrt

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!
won my first car show last year w/ my LS5 454.  So this year I'm going to try out my new numbers match 1969 RT/SE Charger, same color as yours.   You have an outstanding car.  If real judges are looking keep the hood up 12 inches and make sure the underside is clean.

Congratt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikepmcs

That's a really nice looking ride.  Good on ya!!!!
:icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MassCharger73

Congratulations !  I'm not a huge GL fan but your car looks great. I am in LUST with the drivers door girl !!!

:icon_smile_tongue:
1973 Charger

68ChargerJMP

Hey, I know that Hooters and Chik-fil-A! Univeristy and Wynn huh?

Judhudson

Sure is :D  Are you near Huntsville by any chance?

Nacho-RT74

I have to admit that I don't like SEs, but If I have to choose I never would choose one without vinyl top HOWEVER it looks GREAT the chrome strip trim around the louvers or whatever it is surrounding the louvers

Quote from: Chuck_Norris(TM) on April 23, 2006, 06:12:29 PM
Never seen a 3rd gen general.... Dosnt like half bad though. I wouldnt do it with my 71 but its not bad...     Now never mind the 50 free wings you should've got some phone numbers...  ;D

talking about 3rd gen GLs
I posted this one on the old board

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Arthu®

Cool, at first I was not too sure what to think about it, but I have now looked at this thread 3 times and it is becoming to grow on me. You did a great job I like what you have done with the car. Not sure if I would go with the General paint job, but I wouldn't do that on a 69 Charger either. But you did it right, blacked out the grille very nice.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

6pkrunner

Congrats on your win and nice upper door pads. Does Year One repo them? ;D