News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally got my dual snorkel air cleaner chromed

Started by Chargen69, March 17, 2017, 07:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ht4spd307

hasn't the original for 69 have the breather on the main body just behind the l/h snorkel  :shruggy:

Mopar Nut

Very cool!

Quote from: ht4spd307 on March 17, 2017, 10:10:36 PM
hasn't the original for 69 have the breather on the main body just behind the l/h snorkel  :shruggy:
Like this one?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ht4spd307

Quote from: Mopar Nut on March 18, 2017, 03:33:22 AM
Very cool!

hasn't the original for 69 have the breather on the main body just behind the l/h snorkel  :shruggy:
Like this one?
YES THAT'S THE SAME AS THE ONE ON MY CAR BUT MINE IS (WAS) CHROME
CALIFORNIA BUILT CAR sorry for being picky just wondering if mine is correct. never less looks good

Chargen69

hasn't the original for 69 have the breather on the main body just behind the l/h snorkel  :shruggy:

yeah I think it was for a 68 big block non air car.  but it is what I had and what I used.  other than the engine nothing else even looks original under the hood, oh and the engine is from an E body, i think

Charger_Fan

Looks good. :2thumbs:
I like your clean, uncluttered engine bay, too. And on that note, how did you route the plug wires for the driver's side? I assume right under the water pump?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lighthorseman

I love the "Charger" script on the valve covers.  :2thumbs:

Chargen69

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 18, 2017, 11:02:57 AM
I like your clean, uncluttered engine bay, too. And on that note, how did you route the plug wires for the driver's side? I assume right under the water pump?

had to buy two sets of wires, they go down and are clipped to the oil pan bolts and come up to the plugs.

coil is under the battery

johnnycharger

Quote from: Chargen69 on March 18, 2017, 06:40:28 PM

had to buy two sets of wires, they go down and are clipped to the oil pan bolts and come up to the plugs.

I would be interested in seeing more photos of how you did that.

Chargen69

nothing really fancy, just a little more effort than most people are willing to put out

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Chargen69 on March 18, 2017, 06:40:28 PM

Cool, nice work. :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

taxspeaker

Excellent look! Is that an a/c compressor and hose I see peaking out under the alternator? Great job in hiding that!

Chargen69

Yes it is.  And we didn't buy the special compressor and bracket, just used vintage air and made the brackett

Chargen69

How many times do you see heater hoses run behind the alternator?

HeavyFuel

Chargen69

Charger_Fan

The black AN fittings do a good job of hiding the heater hose connections.  :2thumbs:

My favorite is the invisible windshield squirter hoses. ;D

Chargen69

Baldwinvette77

That is the coolest looking engine bay ever.  :coolgleamA:

charger01

The snorkel is nice but your plug wire routing skills are the best ever!

Chargen69

thanks, I cant take credit for that or much else on the car, good friend of mine did all of it.

Chargen69

best compliment I we got on the car was from an old dude at a show, he said if he didnt see us drive it in that he wouldnt believe it even ran