News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

whats ur opinion?

Started by charger01, March 18, 2017, 08:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerperson

Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 18, 2017, 09:37:03 AM
My opinion would be to look for another wheel option, but if these are the only two I would pick black.  The first set looks like they belong on '89 Camaro.

Agree #2

Mike DC

Another vote for the black wheels.  The shiny ones are in the uncool period between current and retro. 

The black wheels should have bright lug nuts. 

darbgnik

Quote from: crj1968 on March 18, 2017, 02:45:19 PM
I like the 2nd one out of those- BUT I'd say ditch em both and get something else....JMO   :icon_smile_big:

Get some series 63's or something.  Like so.......

Oh yeah...... me likes this one!
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

charger01

Well thank you all for your thoughts, I appreciate your input, even the grammar police ::). I think Iam going to go with the draglites as more wheels at this time is not an option lol.  I will take the 295s off the warriors and put on the draglites.  I may also strip the front bumper to chrome.  Happy now?  I actually really like it black with the black wheels, but not so much with polished aluminums.  To each is own I guess.  Thanks again,

crj1968

No, I am still not happy.   :icon_smile_big:

:cheers:

Dino

So go with black with black wheels! I like the blacked out bumper a lot. Just go with what makes you happy, our opinions should be totally worthless.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kern Dog

I actually like the all black look with the steel wheels. It does have a mean, sinister look. The Chargers look better with chrome bumpers but black is the one color that I like seeing on bumpers. The big loop bumper hides under that paint!
Grammar police?
Why not do the best that you can? What is wrong with having pride in yourself? I know that nobody likes to be criticized but poor spelling and punctuation are the verbal equivalent to poorly dressed people at Wal Mart: You KNOW that these people are capable of better but they choose to look stupid.
Ur
Loose/Lose
Their/there/they're
To/two/too

Sure...if this is a new language to you, most people will give you a break. If you speak and write nothing but English, what is the excuse?

cdr

Quote from: Dino on March 19, 2017, 03:12:05 PM
So go with black with black wheels! I like the blacked out bumper a lot. Just go with what makes you happy, our opinions should be totally worthless.

:yesnod:   :iagree:  :yesnod:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 19, 2017, 03:21:06 PM
I actually like the all black look with the steel wheels. It does have a mean, sinister look. The Chargers look better with chrome bumpers but black is the one color that I like seeing on bumpers. The big loop bumper hides under that paint!
Grammar police?
Why not do the best that you can? What is wrong with having pride in yourself? I know that nobody likes to be criticized but poor spelling and punctuation are the verbal equivalent to poorly dressed people at Wal Mart: You KNOW that these people are capable of better but they choose to look stupid.
Ur
Loose/Lose
Their/there/they're
To/two/too

Sure...if this is a new language to you, most people will give you a break. If you speak and write nothing but English, what is the excuse?

Is the war back on again ASSHAT ?
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

charger01

I guess my problem was I really loved the look of the warrior wheels for a long time.  So I bought them, put tires on them , through them on the car, and totally hate the way they look.  I like the nascar look with the black bumper , just couldnt find a way to break up all the black.  I always like the drag lites too, so I am gonna stick with them for a while.  Eventually I will find something else, but I think its time I quit messing with looks and get the silly thing running good.  ;D  Now we all gotta agree on that ....

charger01

Grammar police?
Ur
Loose/Lose
Their/there/they're
To/two/too

I actually posted it in a hurry, and I guess I just did not believe anyone would care one way or the other if I wrote "Ur" and not "your".  My bad I guess.  I will try to have better english in the future.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 18, 2017, 11:12:00 AM
Also, why write UR instead of YOUR ??

Cell phone texting mentality.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ws23rt

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 19, 2017, 04:16:21 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on March 18, 2017, 11:12:00 AM
Also, why write UR instead of YOUR ??

Cell phone texting mentality.

Si--it is also a different language.--It grabs the mind to do tricks when communication is going on.---not helpful- :shruggy:

BTW ;)---how many keystrokes are saved in this case?---two?

flyinlow

The Centerline Warriors of course.

Black wheels always look like crap. Like a hot women ,with a  perfect tan , great clothes (or none) and then she wears black converse tennis shoes.  :eek2:

Never got the taxi cab/ inner city cop car look.

The wheels on the GL look good, polished with black highlights.

charger01

I guess I was under the impression this site was about cars. I guess it's more about nitpicking grammar, and other stupid shit.  Sooooo unfortunate. 

Lennard

Quote from: charger01 on March 19, 2017, 05:57:13 PM
I guess I was under the impression this site was about cars. I guess it's more about nitpicking grammar, and other stupid shit.  Sooooo unfortunate.  
Only a couple out of the thousands of members here do that.

darbgnik

I wouldn't bother calling anyone out on how they spell, no their use of grammar, lets face it, we can generally make out what they're trying to say.

But I have to admit, I find text shorthand hard to decipher some times, at least hardcore text. I don't think I'm that old, mid 30's, but I text how I write.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

ws23rt

Quote from: Lennard on March 19, 2017, 06:42:28 PM
I guess I was under the impression this site was about cars. I guess it's more about nitpicking grammar, and other stupid shit.  Sooooo unfortunate.  
Only a couple out of the thousands of members here do that.

This is true.  And I may be one of thousands that -speak- about this from time to time.
I am also one that reads here a lot.
I can speed read books and grasp pages of content with ease but when something is out of place I get tripped up and have to stop reading to find my place again.
All I have to complain about (when I do) Is that I lose track of a conversation in jerks and fits sometimes because of what I see and attempt to read and understand.
Re learning basic --new-- stuff seems to to be the norm as we age.

Kern Dog

I guess I was under the impression this site was about cars. I guess it's more about nitpicking grammar, and other stupid shit.  Sooooo unfortunate. 

No, you are right. This is a Mopar enthusiast forum. People should be able to read and understand everything without having to wade through cryptic shorthand or bad spelling errors. This is not a MENSA gathering but it isn't a site for toothless mouth breathers either.
Still,  I don't go searching from topic to topic looking for things to pick apart. I actually look for  topics that I know about, hoping to help people where I can. Go ahead and do a search on my screen name. See how often I point out poor spelling.
Yes, I have done it because if NOBODY does, there is a great chance that it will get worse. Acceptance of poor habits breeds more people acting the same. Do we want a site full of crappy abbreviated words? Of course not. Imagine a totally UN moderated forum where anyone could post up anything. Like anywhere else, if something isn't kept in check, the whole thing goes to hell.
Please know that I am not one to be mean to some dude that is just trying to learn this language. I work with Latinos in construction and applaud the ones that speak English or are trying to learn it. My gripe is with people that speak ONLY this language but take no pride in it.

DAY CLONA

Grammar police?
Ur
Loose/Lose
Their/there/they're
To/two/too

Yo! I could see ahf da brodar was talkahng some stupahd shaht!, den get all over hahs ass for aht modar fucker!, odarwahse jus" back off

Just be thankful your not correcting that kind of "English"! on this site  :nana:

JR

I think it looks good (well, best out of the three) with the draglites and the chrome bumper.

Paint the grill back two tone, go back to chrome bumpers, and the draglites, and I think itd look great. There is such a thing as TOO much black.

Without the chrome bumpers and painted grille, it loses something, and looks kind of hack/beat. Like this version of Toretto's Charger in fast 5. Which, ironically, was built this way to look beaten/worn down after being on the run.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Kern Dog

I think the above Charger looks alright. I'd drive it.   :2thumbs:

JR

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 19, 2017, 10:44:25 PM

Yo! I could see ahf da brodar was talkahng some stupahd shaht!, den get all over hahs ass for aht modar fucker!, odarwahse jus" back off

Just be thankful your not correcting that kind of "English"! on this site  :nana:

That sounds like every post ive ever read on any LX Charger/Challenger forum. :icon_smile_big:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Kern Dog

Quote from: JR on March 19, 2017, 10:54:07 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 19, 2017, 10:44:25 PM

That sounds like every post ive ever read on any LX Charger/Challenger forum. :icon_smile_big:

Is this true? Is it maybe because of the greater "diversity" of the newer car hobby ?

BDF

charger01: It is "yer" car, make it the way "ya'all" want to!
:Twocents:  :cheers: