News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Purchased car and restored it to new."

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, March 15, 2017, 04:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Kern Dog

Is there enough bandwidth for the OP to pick this "restoration" apart?

ht4spd307

Dino

"Dino showed 500 HP and 510 ft lb torque."

No I didn't! I had nothing to do with this!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mytur Binsdirti

PlainfieldCharger

Sure has allot of rust in the valley pan for sitting in the garage for 3 years since restored to "new" The car be a good starting point to start over at the right price.... :Twocents:

lukedukem

"The Car: a "real r/t" sx vin numbers matching (body, not motor) original paper work, 440cu. motor, msg ignition, 355 sure grip posi rear, B/G racing tranny, PRO/MATIC Ratchet Shifter,
totally restored except interior upper door pads. has approx. 200 miles if that.. scary fast! Interior and exterior in like new condition.Tires are new, rims are getting a little pitted from sitting. invested approx. 70 g's in the restoration. Car runs and drives great, needs a minor look-over and detailing from sitting in garage before daily use. Dino showed 500 HP and 510 ft lb torque. Motor shop claims its an easy 13 second car with the right set of tires on it. I have never run the care on the track myself to attest.

History: Purchased car and restored it to new. Drove it for a summer and it has been sitting in my enclosed garage ever since. Car draws crowds without fail. Its time to find it a new home.

Please do not hesitate to email uundean@gmail.com or call/text 516-443-1407 with any further questions or concerns."

What's msg ignition?

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Baldwinvette77

Looks likes hes got the correct distributor cap  :lol:

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

will

Madison Square Garden, the most famous arena in the world!

ht4spd307

now that i think about it maybe it is scary fast the faster you go the scarier it gets because your wondering :scratchchin: if all those repairs are going to hold out  :eek2:

hemi-hampton

$70K in Resto  & That's the results you get :scratchchin: :shruggy: :slap: :eek2: ::)

TruckDriver

I like it but the black door scoops. Otherwise. I'd leave it the way it is and put Cragar SS wheels on it. Sure has the "'70's" look to it, and I like that. I never did like the shifter for the console on the automatics on the older then '71 B bodies myself. I like what he did on this one.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bronzedodge

Is that carpet mold or spots on the photograph?   :eek2:
Mopar forever!

Mopar4me

Another Hurricane Sandy car. Looks like the turn signal stalk is rusty too.

dual fours

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 16, 2017, 02:14:09 PM
I like it but the black door scoops. Otherwise. I'd leave it the way it is and put Cragar SS wheels on it. Sure has the "'70's" look to it, and I like that. I never did like the shifter for the console on the automatics on the older then '71 B bodies myself. I like what he did on this one.

Not an SE car but It has SE interior, the shifter is still to far forward for comfort, a better place is in the console box.
Has AC vents in the dash.
The "Charger "script on the door panel wood grain is missing, of course I hear there're hard to find.  
No hood mounted turn signals, at least no wires.
Well it is missing Traction bars, for that 70's look, maybe it has a pinion snubber.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

VegasCharger

Now battery hold down, crappy battery terminals, worm gear hose clamps??

Restored to "new"  ???

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

dual fours

Quote from: Bronzedodge on March 16, 2017, 05:30:19 PM
Is that carpet mold or spots on the photograph?   :eek2:
Atchoo :eek2:  Gesundheit

When a person say "A 13 second car", I often wonder if it's in the 1/4 mile or the 1/8 mile? :shruggy:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

figgy308

Not wanting to bag the guy or the car, but some sellers would be better of getting a court artist to draw their car rather than the photos they supply.

draftingmonkey

Quote from: lukedukem on March 15, 2017, 06:51:57 AM...What's msg ignition?
I would guess (at a stretch) that he thinks that the MSD coil qualifies it as an MSG ignition  ::).

alfaitalia

Unsold at $26,100....reserve not met. What a surprise after the lovely photography, marketing and that full and detailed description. :lol:

Man, what I could do to mine with 70 large...................
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

qwick68

You guys are killing this one.....it's just too easy!
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

dual fours

Quote from: Mopar4me on March 16, 2017, 06:05:29 PM
Another Hurricane Sandy car. Looks like the turn signal stalk is rusty too.

Hurricane Sandy, October 28, 2012. It is a Long Island car :scratchchin:, valve covers have rust also creeping up from the bottoms.

While were on this subject, what is the correct way (is there a wrong way) for the belts to be installed?
Belt #1 to, crank - water pump - power steering as in the above picture, which leaves belt #2 for crank - alternator.
OR Belt #1 to crank - water pump - alternator which leaves, belt #2 for the crank - power steering.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG