News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Purchased car and restored it to new."

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, March 15, 2017, 04:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: dual fours on March 17, 2017, 08:39:45 AM
Quote from: Mopar4me on March 16, 2017, 06:05:29 PM
Another Hurricane Sandy car. Looks like the turn signal stalk is rusty too.

Hurricane Sandy, October 28, 2012. It is a Long Island car :scratchchin:, valve covers have rust also creeping up from the bottoms.

While were on this subject, what is the correct way (is there a wrong way) for the belts to be installed?
Belt #1 to, crank - water pump - power steering as in the above picture, which leaves belt #2 for crank - alternator.
OR Belt #1 to crank - water pump - alternator which leaves, belt #2 for the crank - power steering.

It looks like there is an a/c water pump pulley installed which is why the belt is run the way it is. Normally on a non a/c car with p/s there is a 2 groove crank pulley, and single groove pulleys on the alt, water pump and power steering. One belt from the crank pulley to water pump to alternator and another belt from the crank pulley to power steering pulley. The water pump pulley on a non a/c car is larger in diameter and sits deeper on the water pump.

Mongos73

Questions? Have 73' charger getting started. Engine (318) is out in pieces 200,000 miles! Cylinders ,bearings look ok, would it be ok to re-ring enigine and new bearings gaskets etc?? On a budget but could afford total rebuild! Just want to get it running , then I can plan on bigger engine. Any ideas will be appreciated, thx bruce