News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For originality,R/T bezels painted stripe color?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, February 28, 2017, 08:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

On a 1969, I thought R/T side marker bezels were stripe colors, which would make these incorrect, right?  :popcrn:

Should be same color as stripe, right?

69CoronetRT

You are correct. The bezels should be the color of the stripe.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Dino

Bonus if you can apply the stripe so the side marker is centered. The guy with the blue car didn't get that memo.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Thank you - and yes, centered on the stripe for bonus points!!

Now, about masking the Rear taillight panel...and how far down...  :scratchchin:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on February 28, 2017, 10:04:15 PM
The bezels should be the color of the stripe.

I'm sure there's exceptions?, dealer installed stripe?, lack of inventory on the line, "new guy" on the line, drunk/stoned guy on the line?, etc

69 OUR/TEA

The Aero guys know more about this , IIRC , the Charger 500's were the ones that the bezel stayed body color regardless color of stripe .

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on March 01, 2017, 03:13:59 PM
The Aero guys know more about this , IIRC , the Charger 500's were the ones that the bezel stayed body color regardless color of stripe .

Agreed, almost falls in the same scenario as a dealer installing a stripe, you see this with 71 Cuda billboards dealer installed

375instroke

Original ads sometimes show the sidelights body color, but all the original paint and stripe cars I've seen have stripe color sidelight bezels.

69wannabe

I always wondered about this myself, I thought the bezel was supposed to be body color but when we put the stripe on mine and put the bezels back in it didn't look good to me so I took them back off and painted them the color of the stripe. I didn't know what was correct I just knew what I thought looked better so that's what I did on mine.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Just found my 1969 dealer brochure. I forgot I had this. Anyways, it shows a red RT with striped collered bezels.