News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drag racers - know what this is?

Started by FastbackJon, May 01, 2006, 03:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

On our '68 Charger R/T, former quarter mile car. This plate with six holes is above the right rear wheel and I have no idea what it is or why someone put it there.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Just 6T9 CHGR

A bracket for an electric fuel pump?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

looks like he's got something there, found this looks kinda similar.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

oops other pic.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dodge freak

Chryco Psycho

FastbackJon

Hey cool! Seems like a bad place to mount an electric fuel pump though, above the rear tire in the wheelhouse...

Although I guess if the springs/shocks are extra heavy duty for drag racing it wouldn't have been a problem.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

dodge freak

Well it is close to the gas tank, nobody said drag racing is safe. Not sure where else to put it. Its on the inside of the frame so thats good in case it hit the wall or bump the other car.  You are to have a cut off switch too just in case.

dodge freak

Hold on maybe its not on the inside of the frame. You are right not so great of a place.

FastbackJon

I found two holes already drilled on the inside of the frame rail (see the bolts sticking out) which were located just right to be able to mount a holley electric fuel pump there.

But I thought it would be too close to the exhaust.

mikepmcs

If you are saying that these holes are in a different place as I understand it, maybe PO started with carter went to holley and relocated pump and was too lazy to remove the bracket??? I'm trying to understand your question but I believe that to be a carter pump bracket.  I'm almost sure of it.
Is it tacked in there.  Do you have a mechanical one now??  You gonna put an electric back in? :ahum:

or maybe those holes were drilled there to facilitate the hose through the rail.  if you look at the carter above you'll notice the hose placement is close to the top near the mounting bracket.  it would make sense to drill to the right of fuel pump as to not kink the hose as it goes through, does that make sense at all.

FastbackJon

Holley electric pump on there now, I mounted it to the vertical area in the center of the car just behind and up from where the pinion snubber makes contact with the body.  I was just saying those two holes on the inside of the frame rail  looked like (and were at the right distance apart) to be able to mount a holley pump there.

mikepmcs

roger(as in i understand you), i just was trying to use my common sense(sometimes it works)  but it made sense to me.  as long as you are happy with your mount location now it's all good.  just get rid of that one and your all set.
happy chevy eating!!! wait i have that too, make it ford eating, yeah that's what i meant.
always wanted a 55 too.  that's my only stray from mopar, blame it on American Graffiti.  Don't hate me for that one! :icon_smile_big: