News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CVF Racing Serpentine Conversion Kit

Started by sanders7981, March 06, 2017, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

Just pulled the trigger on the kit below! 

https://www.cvfracing.com/Black-Chrysler-Big-Block-Serpentine-Power-Steering-p/b-440-serpentine-ps.htm

I decided to update my pulley system to a serpentine set up.  I would have went other the older brackets and pulleys, but I broke the power steering pulley and bent the brackets earlier on in the build.

Has anyone used these before?  What did you think?

cdr

You are going to have to run electric fans, the thick aluminum pulley covers the pilot shaft on the water pump, that centers the mechanical type fan, or clutch fan.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Scaregrabber

I set one up on a 572. Sorry I lost my front on shot of it.

cdr

Quote from: Scaregrabber on March 07, 2017, 12:06:53 AM
I set one up on a 572. Sorry I lost my front on shot of it.

so you are saying the water pump shaft[dowel] goes through the pulley enough to fit in the fan spacer ?  the one I had did not, is the pulley aluminum ?
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Scaregrabber

It's been a year, i can't remember now. I should be around the car in another week or so. I'll check it. As you can see we used an aftermarket fan but that was because of the aftermarket rad and shroud.

Sheldon

sanders7981

Quote from: cdr on March 06, 2017, 11:53:00 PM
You are going to have to run electric fans, the thick aluminum pulley covers the pilot shaft on the water pump, that centers the mechanical type fan, or clutch fan.

The description didn't say that, and the picture they have on the site appears to have mounting points and hole for the shaft for a mechanical fan.  I'll let you know when mine gets in.

cdr

Quote from: sanders7981 on March 07, 2017, 12:39:26 PM
Quote from: cdr on March 06, 2017, 11:53:00 PM

The description didn't say that, and the picture they have on the site appears to have mounting points and hole for the shaft for a mechanical fan.  I'll let you know when mine gets in.

Yes it still has the mounting bolts, the shaft is not very long, the THICK pulley takes up the shaft that SHOULD center the fan. Im done

Scaregrabber

You gotta figure stuff out with aftermarket items. Yup the pulley we used was aluminum. i can't remember drilling it to put a dowel in and wouldn't run it without centering the fan. I'll check it next week there Bubba.

Sheldon

Derwud

Here is my Set-up.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

cdr

It sure dont have much waterpump shaft out past the pulley face.

sanders7981

Got my kit today.  I bolted the crank pulley and waterpump pulley down.  There is just enough of the exposed shaft that it centers the fan clutch.   

sanders7981

Quote from: Derwud on March 08, 2017, 08:46:19 AM
Here is my Set-up.

What alternator did you end up going with?  I see that they sell both the alt and powersteering.... But it's a tad pricy.  I picked up a remanufacterd powersteering pump from advance auto for $50.  Hoping to find a similar deal on an alternator as well, but can't seem to find a model that I know will work with their bracket and is keyed for serpentine pulleys. 

Derwud

Quote from: sanders7981 on March 12, 2017, 10:20:53 PM
Quote from: Derwud on March 08, 2017, 08:46:19 AM
Here is my Set-up.

What alternator did you end up going with?  I see that they sell both the alt and powersteering.... But it's a tad pricy.  I picked up a remanufacterd powersteering pump from advance auto for $50.  Hoping to find a similar deal on an alternator as well, but can't seem to find a model that I know will work with their bracket and is keyed for serpentine pulleys. 

It takes a standard Chrysler Alternator, it is a press fit pulley. It will require the Alternator to be disassembled to install.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981