News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I finally quit frakking around and tore through my BSG DVDs in record time

Started by bull, April 22, 2006, 11:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

On March 31 I won the Battlestar Galactica miniseries, season 2 and season 2.0 on Ebay. I finally got it a week later and immediately tore through all of it over the past two weeks. Yea, that's 22 episodes and the miniseries in 14 days. My wife even loves it and she pretty much either hates or just tolerates science fiction. What can I say, it's a frakkin' good show! I'm still not caught up though. Last night I bought Resurrection Ship Part 1 off i-Tunes and tonight I bought Resurrection Ship Part 2 which I'll watch before bedtime. That means I'll have eight more shows to buy before I'm all caught up at $1.99 a piece. Starbuck sure is a hosebag. Her character is perfectly flawed and very likeable but she sure likes to frak a lot. I also think it's funny when Baltar gets caught talking to himself (ie., No. 6) or making out and making love with no one. I can't believe how much authentic stress and friction the writers are able to create with this series. Some of the military stuff is very authentic. It's some of the best television I've seen in years. Don't give me any spoilers though or I will hunt you down!  :yesnod: Anyway, as you were.

TruckDriver

I said it before, and I'll say it again, It is the only tv show ever, that will make my hair on my arms stand up because of the tention and intensity levels of the show. Your hooked now :icon_smile_big:  Now we just have to wait til October for the next season :icon_smile_dissapprove: That's cool your wife even likes it.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TheGhost

Aye, the hardest part's gonna be waiting 6 more months for new episodes.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Khyron

ahhhhhhhhh, another one turned :thumbsup:

great to see you're enjoying the show... looking forward to seeing you in the battlestar thread soon :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

myk

Yeah the new BSG is great stuff.  I just don't know what direction it's headed in though...

bull

Quote from: myk on April 25, 2006, 02:02:42 PM
Yeah the new BSG is great stuff.  I just don't know what direction it's headed in though...

A lot depends on how long it remains popular. A show is considered a success if it lasts seven seasons so it can be sold into syndication. But even that "rule" has kind of been bent here in the last few years. It's funny how things have changed so much. I've watched a season and a half worth of BSG and haven't seen one commercial, same with the teevo crowd. I too wonder how BSG can maintain the current level of stress and conflict and still remain fresh. They've done it so far and that's not an easy task.

myk

Well, in regards to their story line I don't know where they're headed.  The writers have had the habit of leaving loose story threads and whatnot.  I love the show, and I hope it lasts as long as Star Trek TNG did...

bull

Quote from: Ranger Max on April 25, 2006, 06:53:40 PM
I'm glad to see you are catching up Bull.

Any questions so far?

~ Remember there will be a quiz later. ~

Actually, yes.

1. Why did the Cylons pretend (?) to hunt Helo and Cylon Sharon down on Caprica? Was it just to make Helo believe Sharon was human and to sneak a pregnant Cylon on board the Galactica? If so why was it revealed to Helo that Sharon was a Cylon? Why did they make it so difficult for them to leave the planet? And what happened to the real Sharon or was she a Cylon from the moment the war began? I thought the real Sharon was the one on Galactica until she shot Adama. ??? But then she was acting goofy too.

2. Baltar and No. 6. The doctor scanned Baltar's melon and found no chip implant so is he crazy or is No. 6 a real Cylon that somehow only appears to Baltar? Also, how many benefits are there to having a girlfriend no one else can see? You know she'll never cheat on you, none of the other guys will ever stare at her and she could walk around naked all the time and no one would care. If she didn't talk so much she'd be the perfect girlfriend.

I think I've got the rest figured out but I'll let you know if I have more.

Khyron

Quote from: bull on April 25, 2006, 11:11:55 PM

1. Why did the Cylons pretend (?) to hunt Helo and Cylon Sharon down on Caprica? Was it just to make Helo believe Sharon was human and to sneak a pregnant Cylon on board the Galactica? If so why was it revealed to Helo that Sharon was a Cylon? Why did they make it so difficult for them to leave the planet? And what happened to the real Sharon or was she a Cylon from the moment the war began? I thought the real Sharon was the one on Galactica until she shot Adama. ??? But then she was acting goofy too.

There is no "real Sharon. At least, that we know of. Sharon has always been a cylon. no doubt that her existence was put into caparaca's computers and history files to give her a history. She is / was a "sleeper" basically, she didn't even know she was a cylon. her past was fake. Implanted into her head so she would think she was always human until they "Reactivated her memory. My guess is you are right about why they were chasing them as well. They needed it to be authentic. I'm sure there was no plans on the cylon part for her to tell Helo she was a Cylon.

2. Baltar and No. 6. The doctor scanned Baltar's melon and found no chip implant so is he crazy or is No. 6 a real Cylon that somehow only appears to Baltar? Also, how many benefits are there to having a girlfriend no one else can see? You know she'll never cheat on you, none of the other guys will ever stare at her and she could walk around naked all the time and no one would care. If she didn't talk so much she'd be the perfect girlfriend.

This is a subject of debate in the BS thread. and on other boards. many people have theories about this.

1. Cylon technology is so advanced that the doctore could not see a implant
2. The doctor is a cylon and there is an implant, but he won't say
3. Baltars crazy
4. This no 6 in his head is really his conscience. (My thoughts)
5. I'm sure there are more.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

LOL! I don't even know #6's name. I probably heard it, but I don't remember it.  :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

How come there's no character named Cassiopeia on the new BSG?

bull

Quote from: Ranger Max on April 26, 2006, 08:03:43 PM

Now that you have seen a season and almost a half........what is #6's name? (or were you too distracted to notice)  :yesnod:

Her name is Gina, or at least that's the name of the flesh and blood version that was taken captive by the Pegasus crew.