News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got it Started - 1st time in 33 years

Started by rodneyramjet, March 11, 2017, 01:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneyramjet

Thanks to all the help I've gotten so far and assistance from a good hearted buddy from work, the day finally arrived - we got it started up and running nicely.  This is very heartwarming and gives me the desire to go the rest of the way to get this fine machine road worthy.  Next up is the brake system...super spongy and full of 33+ year old brake fluid.  Luckily the emergency brake works just fine.

Did gently go from park to reverse while it was running and it sounded and felt solid...also into drive and back to park...very encouraging.

So, again thanks to all for the gas tank removal and cleaning advice, turning it over by hand guidance, pre-oiling instructions, compression testing advice, carb rebuild advice, and all the many other things I've learned here...

So here it is

https://youtu.be/g67wpV0sJpg
Smoke em if ya got em

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

RCCDrew

Awesome!! It would have been too hard for me not to go for a ride around the block.