News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to lower my '69...

Started by rikubot, November 07, 2016, 05:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

'69 Charger, 440/727

Kern Dog

Holy bejeezus....What do you do for a living? I'm willing to consider a career change!

twenty mike mike

Quote from: rikubot on November 08, 2016, 12:09:10 AM
I also meant to get a little feedback on her stance. What do you guys think?

The way your car sits now is just fine. A very classic stance. However, if you want to lower it, this is what the Hotchkis rear springs with 15" wheels and plenty of sidewall will give you.

darbgnik

Seems the last few posts are of guys trying to justify liking what they like. If I had anything to do with the thread going this way, it wasn't what was intended.

Just because one person explains why they like what they like, it doesn't mean anyone else is wrong. The world would be a dull place if everyone liked the same things.

For example, just because I like the look of 15" steelies on second gens, doesn't mean they are any better than another choice. On the contrary, the 15's will handle poorly compared to 17's, but will ride much more smoothly than 20's. It's all in what you want out of these 40 year old trucks. Some want cruisers, some want sportscars, heck some just want garage art.

And for the record, my old Charger, in stock form isn't my worst handling vehicle, my 30 years newer H1 Hummer takes that title, by a country mile, and I try new things at restaurants all the time, lol. :cheers:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Kern Dog

Draco

My two cents, If the wheel and tire combo fit the look and function of your ride then why not go for it. I spend over 8 years restoring my car and driving it hard was always the plan.                             
Bigger brakes was a must so larger wheel size also. Besides anything bolted on can be changed back.

375instroke

I remember not seeing the top of the rim on my first Mopar, a '69 Coronet.  I had 15X7 steelies on it, and the K-frame was less than two inches off the ground.  Man, that was a pain in the ass to drive, but it sure looked cool.