News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird headlight bucket V clips

Started by rickroadrunner, March 01, 2017, 06:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickroadrunner

I'm re assembling the headlights. When I bought the 'Bird the nose cone was disassembled. Attached is a sourced photo showing the small V clip fastening onto the shaft and holding the return spring in location. Should another V clip fit on to the opposite end? Is this all that is required to keep the headlights located in the center of the headlight openings?
Any comments/photos would be appreciated.

DAY CLONA

There's only one V clip per bucket, on the inboard side to help retain the safety spring, the V clips are common to most other concealed head light system, normally they are used to retain the rod on electric driven system

rickroadrunner

Thanks for clarifying. Thought there was only the one. Is that one V clip the only thing that stops sideways movement?
I guess I'll know when I assemble it all, but just wanted to ensure I had all of the parts I require to fit the headlight assemblies.

PettyMower

You may want to assemble the buckets without the safety spring. I've not removed mine, but many others have.

The spring is there to raise the buckets in the case of lost vacuum.

The only downside, is that the headlights will not be as stable while driving at night.
The upside is that your buckets won't creep up while the car sits without the engine running.

Jay

DAY CLONA

Quote from: rickroadrunner on March 01, 2017, 05:01:01 PM
Thanks for clarifying. Thought there was only the one. Is that one V clip the only thing that stops sideways movement?
I guess I'll know when I assemble it all, but just wanted to ensure I had all of the parts I require to fit the headlight assemblies.

On a stock set up the C clips that lock in on the pivot shafts also retain the plastic split bushings in the 3 bolt adjustment cams, this controls the side to side movement somewhat

rickroadrunner

Thanks Dayclona, appreciate you advice.