News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which front disc conversion is the easiest?

Started by nrt69, February 02, 2017, 01:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrt69

Im trying to read through the SSBC sticky and all the disc brake conversion threads I can find and all im getting is a headache.

So which one do you recommend if I want to convert my non power drums 69 charger with stock steel wheels?

Decent price, ease of installation, and access to replacement parts would be ideal for me.

So far my impression is that SSBC, MPB, and right stuff all have their issues.

Dino

Call Dr. Diff if you want a straight up plug and play solution: www.doctordiff.com
Or look up invincible extremes thread on how to use Mustang brakes if you don't mind doing a bit more work.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Troy

:iagree: I have the Dr Diff 13" front and rear kits (there was only 1 size when I ordered and I don't remember which) but haven't tried the install yet. The replacement parts are all easy to get though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Draco

I have the Doc Diff kit. Everything fit well even got new ebrake cables. Cobra set up I think 13in. front 11in. rear. He has brackets for drum or disc conversion for front. You have to remove dust sheilds from the front. The pads that come with are ford factory quality. Very good for the price.

Bronzedodge

When you could find a 73 to 76 A body in the junkyards, that was the easiest conversion.  Spindles with everything attached, master cylinder, proportioning valve.   :eyes:
Mopar forever!

lukedukem

Quote from: Dino on February 02, 2017, 02:07:18 PM
Call Dr. Diff if you want a straight up plug and play solution: www.doctordiff.com
Or look up invincible extremes thread on how to use Mustang brakes if you don't mind doing a bit more work.

Just remember that Invincible Extremes require bigger wheels. No smaller than 17" I think. And he has stock wheels. Which should be 14" or 15"

I too used dr. Diff

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

garner7555

This is the thread mentioned above.   :2thumbs:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,122780.0/topicseen.html

I am going that route with 14" Brembo brakes.   :yesnod:     :coolgleamA:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

invincibleextremes

The easiest by FAR is getting disc brake spindles for the B body, direct bolt on, and then getting rotors and calipers at your local parts store....   bolt on and clears 15 inch wheels.  I just sold my spare set of disc spindles, they can be found on ebay.

DR DIFF sells a lot of cool stuff as well, but the price isn't where they are an option for guys like me, that's why I developed my own conversion, and it is the best brakes you can get per dollar.

But as others stated they don't clear anything under a 16 inch wheel.

So with that said, the single piston 73 A body brakes on cheap aftermarket spindles is the best solution for keeping a simple look.

Dino

I want as big a rotor as I can get. But my wheels seem to be a limiting factor and that sucks because I really want to keep them. I have the MB old school wheels, same ones Ryan C. has.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.