News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Johnny Joints

Started by RamZCharger, February 13, 2017, 08:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamZCharger

Anyone replace heim joints / rod ends with johnny joints or other?  Looking to upgrade my Hotchkis ends, would be great if anyone could provide real world examples of this upgrade and impressions of the joint.  Seems most applications are off-road, looking for hot rod installs.  Thanks, Darren

John_Kunkel

Hmmmm. "Johnny Joint", that sent me to Google.   :lol:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

alfaitalia

Quote from: RamZCharger on February 13, 2017, 08:03:17 AM
Anyone replace heim joints / rod ends with johnny joints or other?  Looking to upgrade my Hotchkis ends, would be great if anyone could provide real world examples of this upgrade and impressions of the joint.  Seems most applications are off-road, looking for hot rod installs.  Thanks, Darren

If you did do that swap be prepared for more control and precision....at the cost of rather more NVH. I made that "mistake" on my Grand Cherokee.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

green69rt

Quote from: alfaitalia on February 13, 2017, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: RamZCharger on February 13, 2017, 08:03:17 AM
Anyone replace heim joints / rod ends with johnny joints or other?  Looking to upgrade my Hotchkis ends, would be great if anyone could provide real world examples of this upgrade and impressions of the joint.  Seems most applications are off-road, looking for hot rod installs.  Thanks, Darren

If you did do that swap be prepared for more control and precision....at the cost of rather more NVH. I made that "mistake" on my Grand Cherokee.

"NVH" sent me to Google!