News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Accelerator pedal firewall gasket

Started by 68ChargerJMP, February 13, 2017, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

I was looking at my gasket kit I bought about 10 or more years ago and found this gasket. It looks to be about 1/2" to short for all the holes to line up. I noticed newer gasket kits from DMT, for example, have two of these gaskets. Were there two different size pedal assemblies or what? If so, apparently I have the bigger of the two. Thanks.

BLK 68 R/T

68ChargerJMP

Top gasket in the pic.

BLK 68 R/T

What car are you working on? AFAIK, assuming you are working on 68-70 B-Body, there is only one accelerator bracket assembly used on 68-70. The top gasket in your picture is for the a firewall accelerator bracket and the lower one is for the pedal.

68ChargerJMP

68 Charger......I know which gasket is which. What I am asking is...Why does the newer gasket sets come with two different sizes if there is only one bracket size? Also, the one I have doesn't fit, its too small. So, that leads me to believe there are two options. Just curious if anyone here has a similar issue.

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

68ChargerJMP

68ChargerJMP

Ok.....I looked at the kit on DMT's website and it states 66-70 B-body. So, maybe the 66-67 were a little smaller and I was sent the wrong one from Year One long ago. Mystery solved....maybe.

BLK 68 R/T

That would be my guess, is that 66/67 is different  :shruggy: