News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

crooked body shop

Started by cbrestorations, February 05, 2017, 01:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

Yet again another bad situation  about body shop taking advantage of someone. I got a call from a guy who came to me about 9 months ago asking if i could build his charger for him. I guess my rate scared him @35 an hr. So he took the car to Pablo's body shop where he ended up getting the shaft, no lube either. After taking a lot of money from the customer as deposits and not doing the work wasn't bad enough but the shop went out of business and then they stole the car. 4 months go by where "ed" the charger owner couldn't find his car. He finally gets it back and it a basket case.  Ed calls me and said "get this mistake out of my life"...I knew he had bough about 12k just new parts and metal. It's a 318 b7 blue 70 charger. The body has already been blasted, all new amd metal with rails(at least 7k in metal), new trim, interior, bumpers, glass, go wing, all new hardware, new disc brakes, lines, new suspension with torsion, leafs, shocks and more.
I own this car now...I gave him 2k more than he initially told me as I felt bad.

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Kern Dog

It is often the case that the CHEAPskate pays the most.

darbgnik

Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

cbrestorations

this is how the car showed up

VegasCharger

Quote from: cbrestorations on February 05, 2017, 01:20:37 AM
................He finally gets it back and it a basket case.  Ed calls me and said "get this mistake out of my life"...I knew he had bough about 12k just new parts and metal. It's a 318 b7 blue 70 charger. The body has already been blasted, all new amd metal with rails(at least 7k in metal), new trim, interior, bumpers, glass, go wing, all new hardware, new disc brakes, lines, new suspension with torsion, leafs, shocks and more.
I own this car now...I gave him 2k more than he initially told me as I felt bad.

Quote from: cbrestorations on February 05, 2017, 04:38:03 AM
this is how the car showed up

Looks like a 69 to me. :shruggy: :shruggy:

Cool score BTW.  :cheers: :cheers:

RCCDrew

That's sad. That's why I do almost everything myself. I've been screwed by body shops too. Live and learn

cbrestorations

it had a 69 front clip on it brian

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Patronus on February 05, 2017, 09:58:39 AM
I charge twice that  :shruggy:

Here too. But it's all relative. If someone can do a task twice as fast or better. Where does the cost really land?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi-hampton

No surprise, I've seen lots of body shops screw the customer. I've had people pass on me restoring there car (to much?) just to get screwed at some scamming body shop. LEON.

alfaitalia

Yep...that's why I do EVERYTHING myself except spray paint and mount tyres. Got no spray gear any more and mounting low profile tyres by hand is tough...always do old skool tyres and motorcycle tyres by hand though. Anything I cant do....I learn! They are old cars not space rockets.....have you seen the inbreeds that work at some of these car places????.....if they can learn this stuff I'm darn sure I can! Even been learning about canbus for my Merc recently...not easy but getting there...never has a car new enough to need to bother before!!

Might have to be forking out for some dyno time in the not to distant future though....hopefully. Buying a dyno my be a little beyond me!!! Lol!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

cbrestorations

i dont need the car, at first i wanted it and committed to taking it off his hands before i even saw it because i knew the value of everything he bought for it and the hard work was already done. i think im just gonna flip it and put the dinero in daisy. if i can build up enough funds quick im keeping my cuda thats on ebay right now.

hemi-hampton

Do you have a link to ebay Cuda? Curious? LEON.

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

JB400

Hate that this happened to the guy.  I think I'd put the body back together and then sell it.  Make a rolling chassis out of it.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: lukedukem on February 05, 2017, 03:48:06 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 05, 2017, 02:50:19 PM
Do you have a link to ebay Cuda? Curious? LEON.

Hope this link works

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182440213817?redirect=mobile

Luke

OK, I seen it. Looked like it got into a bad front end accident that buckled both inner Fenders & even the front frame rail(s) look buckled. Wonder if Firewall got buckled? LEON.

cbrestorations

no, frames are good the damage thats on the inner fenders is from it being jerked and pushed around without a front clip on it in the feild where it sat. nothing is wrong with the front rails on that car

hemi-hampton

OK, I looked at pics again after blowing them up in size. Front Frame rails look fine. Sorry, My Mistake. LEON.

1974dodgecharger

and yet im the one getting made fun of it for doing all my work myself  :yesnod:

CBR fix that baby up man.......

feel bad for dude though...your a better man I am you paying him 2k more than what he initially bought it for and it looks like in good shape too.

pablos body shop...hmm......

Kern Dog

Pablo's Body Shop:

You bend it, we mend it.
You tweek it, we feeeks it.

RCCDrew

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 05, 2017, 08:59:34 PM
Pablo's Body Shop:

You bend it, we mend it.
You tweek it, we feeeks it.

VegasCharger