News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper Motor question

Started by Rolling_Thunder, April 21, 2006, 06:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Well - I am rewiring my Charger and have a question about the Wiper Motor....     I have the one that sticks out from the firewall - 1968 ---  anyway....     It used to have a couple wires and a ballast resistor on it - it used to be a 2 speed wiper but am only wishing it to be a single speed....    ie. On and off....   So my question is - where does the power come into the wiper and where is the ground connected - so i know where to hook it up.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mikepmcs

does this help you at all???

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Rolling_Thunder

not really - I know what wires go where but i need to know where the power comes in - I believe the balast resistor is to alter the speed of the wiper by providing resistance - so the brown wire is the low speed signal I would imagine ---  but i am unsire of the others and dont want to risk hurting it.

58pwrwgn

This is for a three speed if it helps.

Rolling_Thunder

that is actually helpful - thanks alot guys - I'll see what I can do with this thing.

mikepmcs

ahhh i see now you wanted exploded of the motor itself. I was confused there for a day.  how do i get a schematic of interior wiring of these/any parts???
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?