News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else here have problems wich a electric fuel pump

Started by ACUDANUT, February 24, 2017, 12:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

My 750 Holley's hate the constant 7 psi's. They all fail at some point and leak.  I need to invest in a regulator to lower the psi's.  All that gas pumping and build up with no relief.  I do not run a second return fuel line. Never had to with a mechanical fuel pump. I just wonder if it's going to burn out my electrical fuel pump using a regulator. ?  :scratchchin:

ws23rt

I find it hard to believe that an electric fuel pump would even know if you had a regulated bypass or not.
Look forward to learning more about this myself.

c00nhunterjoe

My holley runs 8 psi with no problems electric pump. Dead head system, 1/2" feed. Aeromotive pump, holley carb

ACUDANUT

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 25, 2017, 12:01:13 AM
My holley runs 8 psi with no problems electric pump. Dead head system, 1/2" feed. Aeromotive pump, holley carb

That's not fair. Do you run a return line ?

Dino

You should run a bypass regulator with a return line imo.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

Quote from: Dino on February 25, 2017, 12:27:30 PM
You should run a bypass regulator with a return line imo.   :yesnod:

Yep, I even run one one my mech pump, on an electric pump the bypass system keeps the pump running cooler , bypass systems will also solve fuel boiling, vapor surge, vapor lock, I am down south so we have very high temps.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 25, 2017, 09:45:16 AM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 25, 2017, 12:01:13 AM

That's not fair. Do you run a return line ?

I do not. Dead head system. Lots of street miles. No issues. Return would be better, i just dont seem to need it in this case.

ACUDANUT

Who makes a new return fuel line ? mine is 45-50 years old ?

68CoronetRT

Dino

That or buy a 3/8" fuel line and use it as a return.

ACUDANUT

Dino

Dino

c00nhunterjoe

I used braided line for my feed, i would run a braided return if i ever converted regulators and installed one.