News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Getting the next generation involved into our Charger addiction

Started by 6pkrtse, December 23, 2016, 11:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 17, 2017, 01:57:07 AM
Quote from: Laowho on January 01, 2017, 10:38:13 AM

The money question cuts both ways; this is more about Platonic solids and the persistence of archetypes through the human psyche. When Enzo Ferarri called the E-type the most beautiful car ever made he wasn't being subjective, and what Richard Sias pulled off is just as objectively real. These are things that don't go away, emergent properties of the universe like time and space and our own consciousness.  These are deep waters. If Max Tegmark of MIT can claim that the universe is literally made of numbers, then we can confidently expect that the design of the 2d Gen will always continue to find purchase in the awareness of every generation.

What the heck is all this?

I used to work with a guy that would ramble on like this. Nice guy but a real enthusiast of the rolled herb. 

In layman's terms, what I think Laowho is getting at is that second gen Chargers will always have value to some people.  The amount of value will fluctuate with time, but it is always there in some form or another...

(No illicit drugs needed, I can understand the Nerd language, as it is one of my native tongues....)

Responding to Laowho's post:

Personally, I disagree with Max Tegmark (and many others) on how quantum mechanics actually work in the universe.  Modern physics seems to have lost its way with complex mathematical equations that no longer relate to known situations.  Sometimes the true solutions are much more simple than we would think that they would be....

I have a special interest in quantum mechanics, not so much on the strait physics side, but on the nature of how it influences chemical information (ie. electromagnetic properties, like NLO materials for example).  One of my goals is to produce a working Theory of Everything (ie. Albert Einstein's missing work).  I won't say much else on it except that I am going about it in a much different direction than the above researchers are....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Lennard

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Lennard on January 17, 2017, 07:08:54 PM
The big bang theory!  :lol:

Actually, no.  The TOE relates the forces of gravity, magnetism, strong force and weak force together into one equation.  The scientific BBT is related to how the universe began, but not directly on how the TOE exists in it's current form now....

Lennard

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: G-man on January 03, 2017, 05:08:17 PM

So essentially, live in a box, do nothing all year long, don't go anywhere, no holidays, no new clothes (be happy in old stuff), no buying fun stuff for your partner, cards, gifts, kitchen things etc (literally do not spend on anything except the above things that need to be paid) and at that rate and lifestyle (which nobody has), you might save 1000 dollars by the end of the year.

At my new area (Denver), I am doing what you mentioned above (with the exception that I do work on my scientific research projects in my spare time and do occasionally go out for lunch in LoDo at Ted's Montana Grille).  Almost all of my clothes come from thrift shops, yet I still wear nice name brand shirts and pants to work.  I know the right place to look for quality stuff cheaply.  My studio apartment is 340 square feet total.  (My last utility bill was $47 for the month, as it is based upon sq footage.)  I never thought I could realistically live in such a small place and like it, but I do so far.  The key is that one must learn not to buy things that are not needed that take up living space.  I am choosing to do this now to help pay down my bills faster than if I "lived it up" like many do in this area of town.  I did not bring a car/truck with me, so I do not have to pay for parking.  Walking is good exercise for me....