News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973 Plymouth RoadRunner

Started by Bad B-rad, January 16, 2017, 11:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: sccachallenger on January 19, 2017, 10:28:04 AM

Also Plymouth advertised a special "Road Runner 318" that year as the base RR engine, still a 2v carb, but dual exhaust and stiffer valve springs.

yes, same as Charger Rallyes, but still when you got a 340 it could be just on a RR, just like Charger Rallyes, so if you are a 340 owner on a B body, these are just Rallyes o RRs

and well, 360s by 74
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ralley72

Sorry, I was way off on my remembering the numbers built. According to my little white book there were over 19,000 1973 Road Runners built. 340 4 speed it shows 956. 400 4 speed cars 749.
Those remaining  :shruggy:

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Kern Dog

I would take a 71/72 Charger over a 73/74 but.....In the case of the Satellite, I'd take the 73/74 over the 71/72. I just do not like the front or rear styling of the 71/72 Road Runners, etc. They look tucked under from the headlights down, taillights down. Tapered too much like he bow and sides of a boat.

Bad B-rad

I have had a few things pop up that have delayed me from going to check out the car. I think the truck swap is off the table and it would just be a cash deal. I think he is asking $3000.00.
I have to fix the u-joint in my front axle on my 3500, and then I will drag my trailer and my lazy butt up state the 3 plus hrs to look at it.
I  hope it is as solid as it looks. The car is up past Binghamton NY. It may be on Craigslist if anyone gets to it before me so be it,all is fair in love, war and buying cars.
It's not the best looking Roadrunner, IMO and I think I like the 71-74 Chargers better then the Roadrunner of same years, but it's what my son wants, and if he likes it,and I like that he has an interest in the older Mopars.
It is also kinda cool that he has his own taste in these cars and just doesn't go along with what his old man likes. I can dig that.
At the end of the day, the 1973 RR, is not an ugly car, just my least favorite of the Roadrunners.(68-74RR's any way)
And also at the end of the day if we do get it I am sure he will be the only one at his school driving around in a Roadrunner. He hopefully will enjoy building it, enjoy learning about the history and how to make the repairs,and spending time with his dear old dad,LOL.
Also from what some people have said it is kind of a rare car,(org 340/4 speed) so maybe he will end up with a cool collectable car,and him and I can shoot out to car shows together.

Bad B-rad

If all else fails I could paint his Roadrunner yellow with a black strip, and paint my Charger orange with an "01" on the door, shave his legs and put him in short shorts,and  race around town playing the Dukes of Hazzard.

Dino

I too like that he knows what he wants and is not influenced by others. That's very cool.  :yesnod: Heck, I may not be a big fan of these cars but for the money you could certainly do worse! Here's hoping for a loaded trailer in your near future.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Quote from: Bad B-rad on January 24, 2017, 03:33:42 PM
If all else fails I could paint his Roadrunner yellow with a black strip, and paint my Charger orange with an "01" on the door, shave his legs and put him in short shorts,and  race around town playing the Dukes of Hazzard.

Or not!  :eek2:   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GOTWING

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 23, 2017, 10:54:24 PM
I would take a 71/72 Charger over a 73/74 but.....In the case of the Satellite, I'd take the 73/74 over the 71/72. I just do not like the front or rear styling of the 71/72 Road Runners, etc. They look tucked under from the headlights down, taillights down. Tapered too much like he bow and sides of a boat.

I just right the opposite!

EDITING: but I think you are right about the 71/72 Plymouth rear bumper and tail lights look.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RCCDrew

Here's one of my favorites. It's a rat, but has the perfect nostalgic stance. I drove a ragged challenger similar to this in high school.

Bad B-rad

Stance cool, side pipes and rear wheels not so much. But that's just me.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Bad B-rad on January 24, 2017, 03:33:42 PM
I could paint his Roadrunner yellow with a black strip, shave his legs and put him in short shorts,and  race around town playing the Dukes of Hazzard.

I would advise against this. If the kid is destined to be gay, let him find his way on his own... :smilielol: