News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hmmmm not sur what to do need some opinions. made up my mind

Started by charger chris, January 15, 2017, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger chris

I am getting a 69 charger shell for the new metal on it. Now this leads me to my dilemma.  My 70 has it problems. I have replace rocker and floor pan so I can get the door jams right and roof line. So I was thinking take the metal off my 70 put it on the 69 shell and make it a 70 shell. :scratchchin:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Baldwinvette77

and then put the 69 metal on your 70 shell and have a 69 shell?  :o

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

The fire wall is gone and rear window tray is gone and one rear fram rail is missing on the 69

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Baldwinvette77

looks like either way theres a ton of work ahead, What advantage would you have if you combined the 2 cars like you plan to?

cbrestorations

ill take which ever shell ur not using, need more future projects lol

c00nhunterjoe

You have 2 chargers...... the only logical answer here is to build 2 chargers.

marshallfry01

I'd save up and buy a more complete/solid car.  :Twocents:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

djcarguy

Dino

Sell both projects, stick the funds in the bank and add to it as you go until you can buy one that runs, drives, and stops.  :Twocents:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

charger chris

The one has no title. But I have almost everything to start putting one together. I am not afraid of work. When I bought my 70 I knew it would take a little time to put it together.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Dino

That's cool. I my experience though it takes a whole lot more than a little time to build up a car. It'll save you tons of time, money, and headache to just get one that's at least in one piece. Two projects, title or not, will get you some money these days. I'd consider it.

If you know how to work on cars then why not sell these, buy something popular that you can work on for a few days or weeks and sell for a profit. Then buy something better, rinse and repeat until you have enough for a nice Charger. That's what I used to do.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

spoolinhard

charger chris

I plan on putting r/t back together and use the shell of the 69 to do it with.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

6bblgt

if the shell of the '70 R/T is too far gone to be restored - it's too far gone to restore

if the '69 shell's numbers are not title-able  - then it's a parts car, but have to ask why can't you get a title for it?

looking for excuses to RE-BODY a car isn't a good idea!

charger chris

Now I am not going to rebody the 70 and two thier are no tags on the 69

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

cbrestorations

who cares if you rebody the car, ur saving the vin of an r/t and letting a base model die. before the car was issued a vin, all he cars went down the assembly line just alike except for a few minor weld on additions for hemi cars. if you have to replace so much of the car...is it really the original body anyway...no, just sections. take the smart easy route and swap.

Kern Dog

Quote from: charger chris on January 16, 2017, 11:13:42 AM
The one has no title. But I have almost everything to start putting one together. I am not afraid of work. When I bought my 70 I knew it would take a little time to put it together.

I like the spirit. Hell yeah !   :cheers:

charger chris

Well I made mind up. I am going to save both cars. I can't bring myself to killing one to safe the other so. I will fix the 70 R/T and as for the 69 base it will be a Daytona clone. So most of the parts bought will go back on the 69 and I made a deal to a part back from some one that's a plus. I will post a new post for the Daytona clone as I get ready to start on it.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

VegasCharger

Cool deal save them both.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Can't wait to see pics.  :cheers: :cheers:

ht4spd307

sell them both and buy a better one .its hard enough trying to build one car let alone 2