News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would you pay for this 68??

Started by C500, April 11, 2006, 08:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlwalski

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on April 17, 2006, 11:43:58 PM
  In the Auto Trader Old Car book last week a red '68 Charger R/T with a 440, car fully restored was going for  $59,995 U.S dollars.   

That is very high, the value guide Washington State uses, last year, had a #1 car, best condition category, listed at about 30,000 US dollars , maybe it was 34 K, if I remember correctly.    So have these cars appreciated that much in one year?  WOW, 

The car was in New Zealand (for the fifth time) lol  :rotz:
Chargers are easy to get in the States, here your lucky if you see 2 or 3 maximum a year pop up for sale.

Supply and demand my good friend, then there's the shipping duty, taxes on top, etc that we have to pay.
A simple 73 Cuda can hit $45K+ down here.....count yourselves lucky you live in Ma MoPars land.  :yesnod:

I think Kiwi68 was wanting to know, "if" the car was in the US and the prices converted $60K NZD becomes $36K USD.
Would the car been worth that money give or take $5-10K for tax and shippping duties.

So, for the car above, $26K would you have purcahsed it for that price if it was local?  :icon_smile_approve:

:icon_smile_wink:

C500

Quote from: NZ440R/T on April 17, 2006, 09:57:08 PM
Quote from: Kiwi68 on April 17, 2006, 08:16:36 PM
I got your email address from the Mopar forum site.

The registry is looking good :2thumbs:

Thanks mate, so is you Charger!!  :yesnod: :icon_smile_tongue:
That's next on my list: triple or black/black 68 Charger or a General Lee.  :icon_smile_big:

Cheers bud,
Carl
NZ440R/T
www.nzmoparregistry.com

Good choice Carl, I wouldn't mind a General too, but am swaying towards a 68-70 Plymouth GTX/Roadrunner now, maybe a 68-69 Superbee. I see there is a 68 Coronet on Trademe now, $45k! :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

SeattleCharger

Quote from: NZ440R/T on April 18, 2006, 08:52:51 AM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on April 17, 2006, 11:43:58 PM
  In the Auto Trader Old Car book last week a red '68 Charger R/T with a 440, car fully restored was going for  $59,995 U.S dollars.   

That is very high, the value guide Washington State uses, last year, had a #1 car, best condition category, listed at about 30,000 US dollars , maybe it was 34 K, if I remember correctly.    So have these cars appreciated that much in one year?  WOW, 

The car was in New Zealand (for the fifth time) lol  :rotz:
Chargers are easy to get in the States, here your lucky if you see 2 or 3 maximum a year pop up for sale.

Supply and demand my good friend, then there's the shipping duty, taxes on top, etc that we have to pay.
A simple 73 Cuda can hit $45K+ down here.....count yourselves lucky you live in Ma MoPars land.  :yesnod:

I think Kiwi68 was wanting to know, "if" the car was in the US and the prices converted $60K NZD becomes $36K USD.
Would the car been worth that money give or take $5-10K for tax and shippping duties.

So, for the car above, $26K would you have purcahsed it for that price if it was local?  :icon_smile_approve:

I read that part, about the car being in New Zealand.  But then he asks "if" the car was in the U.S. would it be worth 36K? right? as you pointed out.  So then . . . why wouldn't you compare US Charger prices to a car that he asks what the US worth would be. 

I mean, what are you talking about man, that made no sense at all what you said.    It wouldn't matter if the car was in Russia, Iceland, or Peru, if he asks what it would be worth in the US, then you would look at what Chargers are worth in the US, right?     :slap:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

six-tee-nine

It's all a mather of how hard to get they are.....

If the asking price for NZ is not too high, you will have to pay for it or walk home without one.....

Over here in Europe Prices are going so high (because offer is really very very poor) that it is in fact cheaper to travel to the states, buy one, put it in to a container to Europe than serarching over here....

If i want to wait till i find a charger in Europe wich is the correct year, and right engine and so on.....i'll probably be aged 150 or so when i find one (that means never....)

Greetz, K.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Carlwalski

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on April 19, 2006, 11:51:38 AM
I read that part, about the car being in New Zealand.  But then he asks "if" the car was in the U.S. would it be worth 36K? right? as you pointed out.  So then . . . why wouldn't you compare US Charger prices to a car that he asks what the US worth would be. 

I mean, what are you talking about man, that made no sense at all what you said.    It wouldn't matter if the car was in Russia, Iceland, or Peru, if he asks what it would be worth in the US, then you would look at what Chargers are worth in the US, right?     :slap:

Re-read it, he asked: what you would pay for the car.  ::)
My post made perfect sense, 36K yes, so would it be worth it...simply as that.......

That car for 36K in the US, 1968 Survivor 383/727 options galore.

SeattleCharger

Ya?  Why were you pointing out that the car is in New Zealand again to me, saying fifth time.   "What would you pay for this '68 if it was in the US?"  Isn't that basically asking what are '68's (with those options and history) going for in the US?   I understand the exhange rate thing, I understand the car is in New Zealand, I don't know what I am missing.
    I believe maybe we both understand his question, miscommunicated or something, sorry for making the no sense comment and the smiley I put in there, k?         

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Carlwalski

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on April 22, 2006, 01:45:32 AM
    Ya?  Why were you pointing out that the car is in New Zealand again to me, saying fifth time.   "What would you pay for this '68 if it was in the US?"  Isn't that basically asking what are '68's (with those options and history) going for in the US?   I understand the exhange rate thing, I understand the car is in New Zealand, I don't know what I am missing.
    I believe maybe we both understand his question, miscommunicated or something, sorry for the making the no sense comment and the smiley I put in there, k?         

LOL!! Yip, totally agreed my friend!!
I was going to say the same thing....I'm not sure I even understand myself sometimes....lol  :icon_smile_big:

The exchange rate is weird and a lot of guys do not understand it......
When you guys talk about buying a, say, Lawnmower for $100 US that is $100 to us as well.
When you talk about bread or milk for $1.20 that is $1.20 dollars to us, when you say a 50c bargain we hear 50c bargain....

When you talk about travelling to another country this is when rates change.
Cars is a little tricky as it depends on rarity, shipping/customs costs, supply and demand etc.....

I know you knew all this but just in case others were interested.  :icon_smile_wink:

Cheers,
Carl