News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cookie Monster's Revenge

Started by Arbitrage123, January 11, 2017, 11:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arbitrage123

I wanted to share this for those who had followed my last "Cookie" monster interior post. When I pulled the shag carpet out of the back look what I found...haha (it's the padding from the carpet). In all seriousness though, I pulled the shag carpet off the dash and to my delight I finds this from the trapped moisture over the years. This is on both sides of the dash (picture 3). I am not a mechanic and I don't do body work. What are people's best guess on the cost to fix this? How do you fix this? Thanks for the help.

-B

Arbitrage123

see pics

ACUDANUT

500Jon

Cookie crumbles!

Windshield out then dash frame can be removed in one piece.
Any rust under the rubber can be fixed too.

Best wishes from Jon
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

70 sublime

Replace blue carpet with new black carpet  :2thumbs:

Maybe all these things you are finding are not because the carpet did this to the car but maybe why they put the carpet on it in the first place

Yes best way to fix the top of the dash is to take the windshield out because the bolts to hold the dash frame in are under the bottom edge of the windshield gasket
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green