News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 R/T - WIW

Started by XS88MAN, January 10, 2017, 10:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS88MAN

Hi guys, sorry I don't have any pics but I am looking for opinions on what a project car would be worth. 1971 RT, motor and trans are gone, all the other original 71-specific parts seem to be there. Car will need a full restoration including rear quarters replaced. Floors and frame rails are solid. FT and other tags are present.
Plus where are the body stampings located on the 71 cars? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

polywideblock

body stamps are on drivers side  top rear face of the rad support above radiator and  on the cowl ,under the hood to cowl seal slightly inboard from the break booster   :scratchchin:  it will be there somewhere

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

71 SE3834V

I seem to remember the one on my radiator support was on the driver's side possibly under the radiator mounting plate. Might be a Lynch Rd thing.
Also one is under the deck lid seal on driver's side.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

polywideblock

on 71's it is on the cowl

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ACUDANUT

Quote from: polywideblock on January 12, 2017, 12:26:21 AM
on 71's it is on the cowl

Too bad Kern Dog is not here. On the 1971's, it is located on the cowl.

71 SE3834V

Correct.
There are 3. One on the cowl, one on the radiator support and one on the lip under the deck lid seal, drivers side.
I seem to remember on the radiator support mine was on the driver side. I don't have a pic and the car is not here to verify. I could be wrong. It could be on the top of the support.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

6bblgt

there aren't 3 only 2 (core support & cowl)

no trunk lip on b-bodies after 1970 model year

ralley72

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on January 12, 2017, 08:14:36 AM
Correct.
There are 3. One on the cowl, one on the radiator support and one on the lip under the deck lid seal, drivers side.
I seem to remember on the radiator support mine was on the driver side. I don't have a pic and the car is not here to verify. I could be wrong. It could be on the top of the support.
You are correct, there are 3 places.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

6bblgt

what b-body plant had trunk lip stampings '71 model year?  got any pics?

71 SE3834V

I'm going to have to side with 6bblgt here. I stand corrected. None on the deck lid driver's side (just looked) so unless it's somewhere else only 2.

Not only that but poly is also correct. Radiator support, dead center, on lip in front of radiator. Old fart brain couldn't remember back to 2014 when I refinished the engine bay. Always learning!

71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

XS88MAN

This is a big help! Thanks guys  :cheers: