News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Headlamp door replacement bushings

Started by hemi68charger, January 10, 2017, 10:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
Anyone know where to locate the plastic "bushings" that are used at the pivot points of the headlamp doors on '69 Chargers? I tried Charger Specialties, but didn't see anything...

Thanks in advance..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 10, 2017, 10:42:43 PM
Like this?

Exactly.... I do believe that's the one Mike.. Searched yesterday at work, but after a while, resorted to the forum....

T
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

70-500-SE-EXPORT

That is a brake/clutch pedal bushing. 68/69's don't have any headlight door bushings. The doors have a hole drilled in them that rotates direcly on a metal peg.
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

DAY CLONA

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 11, 2017, 05:50:05 AM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 10, 2017, 10:42:43 PM
Like this?

Exactly.... I do believe that's the one Mike.. Searched yesterday at work, but after a while, resorted to the forum....

T

Troy,...If you have a well stocked hardware store, they're usually found in the "axle" or "lawnmower" parts boxes/bins

bakerhillpins

I believe they are called plastic flange bushings.  My pinball/video game manuals also refer to them as Thompson/plastic sleeve/linear bearings.

https://www.google.com/search?q=plastic+flange+bushing&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

timmycharger

Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on January 11, 2017, 08:03:33 AM
That is a brake/clutch pedal bushing. 68/69's don't have any headlight door bushings. The doors have a hole drilled in them that rotates direcly on a metal peg.

I think this post got overlooked?  I just pulled my 68 grille apart, no bushings there, they are exactly like described above.  Are 1969 grilles any different?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: timmycharger on January 11, 2017, 03:24:36 PM
I think this post got overlooked?  I just pulled my 68 grille apart, no bushings there, they are exactly like described above.  Are 1969 grilles any different?

I can't comment on the 69s as mine isn't stored at the house so I can't look.

I figured I would post up a link to the type anyhow in case someone's search brought them here.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

hemi68charger

All,,
It is cool.. I was trying to help the friend of a friend.... Should have gone with my gut, but it has been at least 6 years since I tore into a '68/'69 Grille.... As eluded to, there are no bushings....

Thanks for the corrective input... and refresher...  ;D
Troy

timmycharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 11, 2017, 06:45:03 PM
Quote from: timmycharger on January 11, 2017, 03:24:36 PM

I can't comment on the 69s as mine isn't stored at the house so I can't look.

I figured I would post up a link to the type anyhow in case someone's search brought them here.

:2thumbs: Can't tell you how many times that led me to what I needed. Good call