News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever see front seat belts like this?

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, January 06, 2017, 07:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

The build date on my Charger is November 1967. Green seat belts & all the dates match.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

6bblgt

:2thumbs: they're in my brother's Sept. '67 built 1968 GTX

VegasCharger

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 06, 2017, 10:54:51 PM
:2thumbs: they're in my brother's Sept. '67 GTX

Don't you mean 68 GTX  :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

EDIT: Okay I get it, you meant your brother's 1968 GTX built in Sept. 1967

Mytur Binsdirti

Thanks for the response. Does his car have any plastic covers that hide the floor bolts on either the retractable belts or the ones on the transmission tunnel?

ds440

Here are mine.  September '67 built car, with a faded/aged red interior.  These pics are of the passenger side, front.  There is a cover for the floor bolts on the door side, but NOT on the tunnel.  That's how mine are currently anyway....

I also thought the chrome buckle was another give-away to the early builds (?). 

Anyway, hope these help.   :cheers:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Mytur Binsdirti

Those are good pictures. Looks like those housings are what I need. I also see that there are lap belts for only two in the back seat on my car.    :shruggy:

6bblgt

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 07, 2017, 05:17:44 AM

Thanks for the response. Does his car have any plastic covers that hide the floor bolts on either the retractable belts or the ones on the transmission tunnel?

I'll go thru the pics I have - see if I can catch a belt pic .....
car's in storage for the winter, he's in Ohio - wouldn't be able to confirm 'til spring

Ryan.C

I know this is off topic but what kind of wheels are on this GTX?
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

6bblgt

Motor Wheel Corp.'s "SPYDER WHEELS"

ds440

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 07, 2017, 12:23:52 PM
Those are good pictures. Looks like those housings are what I need. I also see that there are lap belts for only two in the back seat on my car.    :shruggy:

Here are some pics of the rear seat belts.  The one that reads "TOP" is from the center seat.  Hope this helps! :cheers:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Tmb84

is those Wheels rare? should fit a black charger Perfect!!
70' Charger 383 -top banana
71' hemicuda Sox&Martin "tribute"

Mytur Binsdirti

Here's a better picture of the tag that's on all my belts. Black belts with the newer painted buckles.  I've also been told that cars prior to 1/68 came with two rear seat belts, unless it was selected as an option. Can anyone verify?

6bblgt

a new '68 Charger R/T thread with 3 rear seat belt sets & early retractors

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127142.msg1580317.html#msg1580317

70-500-SE-EXPORT

My Sept 67 built car also has the same exact belts as posted by ds440. Oddly only the pass side had the cover.
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

Mytur Binsdirti

From what I have come to discover, there seams to be 3 different types of seat belts used in 68 cars & it all depends on when they were built;

1. 67 style with the chrome buckles & exterior retractors
2. 68 style painted buckles with external retractors (my car has these, built in 11/67)
3. The more common style used used on 68 cars built in 1968.

Does this sound about right?   

Laowho

I might just do a Plastic Dip over ours that are exposed. Give it a tape cover to pour over.

Mytur Binsdirti

I scored a pair or 67 style front belt housings over the weekend for 20 bucks, which just came in today, cleaned them up and installed my belts in them.    :2thumbs: