News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

warlocks car on ebay

Started by ht4spd307, January 06, 2017, 03:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

lukedukem

Must be a flipper cause his daughter said it was sold. And I don't remember him having that many cars but maybe he did.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,124750.25.html
Reply#40

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

smithenhiven

If the daughter sees this post, I would just like to add a little constructive criticism.

The ebay listing is very lacking.  May I suggest adding MANY more pictures both inside and out, from as many angles as possible (right now I wouldn't know if this car has a front grill).  Clean it up; car looks dusty and the interior is a mess.  Add a pic of the VIN tag, and the fender tag if it has one, as I'm sure knowing it's options will help it's value (such as, did this car come with V21 hood treatment, or was it added).

Not trying to knock the car in anyway in fact I think it's a great car, just trying to help so that you can get the most out of it.

Edit - Unless it's a flipper, then F them, lol

Mytur Binsdirti

alfaitalia

Quote from: smithenhiven on January 06, 2017, 07:54:13 AM
If the daughter sees this post, I would just like to add a little constructive criticism.

The ebay listing is very lacking.  May I suggest adding MANY more pictures both inside and out, from as many angles as possible (right now I wouldn't know if this car has a front grill).  Clean it up; car looks dusty and the interior is a mess.  Add a pic of the VIN tag, and the fender tag if it has one, as I'm sure knowing it's options will help it's value (such as, did this car come with V21 hood treatment, or was it added).

Not trying to knock the car in anyway in fact I think it's a great car, just trying to help so that you can get the most out of it.

Edit - Unless it's a flipper, then F them, lol

Agreed ....it does not SELL it to me....I would prob just pass that listing by unless it was a colour/ spec I was looking for.

Why the hate for flippers on here? I would consider myself a flipper (we say trader over here).....just three or five a year max. I never held a gun to anyone's head to buy a car cheaper and equally never forced anyone to buy a car I was selling that someone was looking at. So if the seller got his cash and the buyer was happy with the price...where's the problem? Its a tough economy out there and if I want a nice house and good holidays then I need to earn a little extra over my salary for life's luxuries. For me no flipping would probably mean no Charger.....However I've never traded a classic car....but if I saw one for sale at the right price and could see a profit in it...then why not. If you sold your car then saw it for sale a month later with $10k on the price....well more fool you for selling it cheap.....of course he might not sell for anywhere near the asking price. I price my cars to allow for a discount....everyone likes to feel they have a deal!

To the person listing that car....a lot of the cars I've bought cheap were from poor listings like that.......they sold to me because the poor listing quality had not attracted the REAL buyers! At the very minimum clean it. If folks see that the owner has not even bothered to clean it then what else has he been slack on....oil changes?........diff maintenance??
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Homerr

Flippers drive up the cost of the hobby.

Great for those selling, but it sucks for everything else the rest of the time.

If you're holding on to cars for years between 'flips' then you're not really what we are considering a flipper.  Also, I don't consider the guys that add value to a car and then want to sell it to be 'bad flippers', i.e. find a car that has been sitting for years, redo the fuel/brakes/etc., and then sell for a reasonable profit.  Note I said 'reasonable'.  It's mostly the guys that are all in for the profit and that don't really care about the cars that get some of us ticked off.

70 sublime

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 06, 2017, 08:11:30 AM
No reserve

Yes I saw that too and I bet the listing will get ended before it expires and sold locally just to get relisted again later :brickwall: 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

smithenhiven

I don't necessarily mind a flipper, it just seems a little, uh, what's the word, maybe 'volturous', given the circumstances.

I bet the family sold this car to one of warlocks local Mopar friends, thinking it's going to a good home to be part of that collection of other mopars, only to find it now listed on ebay.

Regardless, if it's not warlocks family selling it now, I hope they got a good price for it when they did.

gts

Yes I bought the car from warlocks dad,the car did not run and needed a lot of work,I feel I can not restore the car the way it should be.I do have a lot of cars,selling them to,keeping about 5 selling the rest,flipper no but all of us are guilty of selling cars and making a profit?thanks for the inputs there will be better pics added later,Thank you all for the input

lukedukem

what type of rust does it have. i didn't think it had any.
what do you have it listed for locally

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

marshallfry01

Quote from: gts on January 06, 2017, 11:01:37 AM
Yes I bought the car from warlocks dad,the car did not run and needed a lot of work,I feel I can not restore the car the way it should be.I do have a lot of cars,selling them to,keeping about 5 selling the rest,flipper no but all of us are guilty of selling cars and making a profit?thanks for the inputs there will be better pics added later,Thank you all for the input

The car looks like it is almost done. What else doesn't need? Doesn't look like it needs much...
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

gts

someone replaced the trunk and never finished it,lower patch panels is what it really needs,perfect floors and rails,the body work was horrible but I believe he was sick when he did it,I got a call out of the blue from his father never new either one he told me his son had passed and he had the car since about 1978,car did run on about 4 cyls,found all the pushrods on the pass side completely off,the people he had working on it  really hacked the wiring up even with a new harness,car is a solid car just have way to many,

gts

I also have a 66 belvedere hemi 4 speed project for sale,b5 superbird,68 gtx 4 speed car,2 71 cuda converts,70 340 dart 4 spd,69 superbee 4 speed and 2 68 4 speed superbees,had these cars for a while,

lukedukem

Quote from: gts on January 06, 2017, 11:29:28 AM
I also have a 66 belvedere hemi 4 speed project for sale,b5 superbird,68 gtx 4 speed car,2 71 cuda converts,70 340 dart 4 spd,69 superbee 4 speed and 2 68 4 speed superbees,had these cars for a while,

when and where are you going to list these cars. will you list them on here?

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

70 sublime

Quote from: gts on January 06, 2017, 11:01:37 AM

And how much are you asking for warlocks Charger ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

alfaitalia

Quote from: Homerr on January 06, 2017, 08:50:25 AM
Flippers drive up the cost of the hobby.

Great for those selling, but it sucks for everything else the rest of the time.

If you're holding on to cars for years between 'flips' then you're not really what we are considering a flipper.  Also, I don't consider the guys that add value to a car and then want to sell it to be 'bad flippers', i.e. find a car that has been sitting for years, redo the fuel/brakes/etc., and then sell for a reasonable profit.  Note I said 'reasonable'.  It's mostly the guys that are all in for the profit and that don't really care about the cars that get some of us ticked off.

No..it's supply and demand that drive up the cost. I have no magical ability to sell a car for more than market value so I have to buy them for less than market value to earn a coin. I'm sure warlocks family were happy with the deal with the guest posting in this thread or they would have sold to some one else. I typically sell a traded car within six weeks. Just enough time to valet it (most of the cheapest cars that the owners can't sell filthy or smoked in) and fix anything obvious or dangerous.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

chargerboy69

Quote from: lukedukem on January 06, 2017, 12:16:19 PM

when and where are you going to list these cars. will you list them on here?

Luke

I have seen a couple on Moparts.  He just recently sent me pictures of his 69 Bee and she is a nice one..his red 68 Bee is also nice.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Kern Dog

gts says that he has too many cars, but then buys more cars.
I understand the habit of buying and selling classic cars to make a few bucks. Why lie about why you buy them? I see this written all the time: :Too many projects, this one has to go".
Get some therapy then! Quit buying cars if you already have too many cars. If you are selling the car to make a profit, so what?  You don't have to make up excuses.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 06, 2017, 02:25:50 PM
SRT says that he has too many cars, but then buys more cars.
I understand the habit of buying and selling classic cars to make a few bucks. Why lie about why you buy them? I see this written all the time: :Too many projects, this one has to go".
Get some therapy then! Quit buying cars if you already have too many cars. If you are selling the car to make a profit, so what?  You don't have to make up excuses.

Who is SRT? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Cncguy

Looks like a Bondo mess in rear quarters, evident in the balance corners.

gtss

Let's see Kerny dog,maybe you should look at yourself in the mirror.im sure you never sold a car for profit,you should not be calling anyone a liar either,if you want the car buy if not don't be jealous,I make it a habit to keep my cars,however 20 or so is to much.yes it is a bad habit I make enough money during the week to support me,I do not depend on the cars for bread and butter,they are for fun,I've been playing with mopars for over 35 years so it is none of your business at all,what I buy and sell,

family_dodge

Was wondering why a few extra cars sneaked into the photo gallery there.

Troy

In case anyone is wondering... I accidentally deleted gts's account while blocking spammers and I'm well aware the new account "gtss" is the same person (I didn't think it kept the original postings from the old account).

Carry on.

I have too many cars too - yet I accumulate more. When you control my money you can control what I do with it. Otherwise, your opinion is worth exactly what I pay for it. Probably less. :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Such a shame.   Nick had given me his personal website for the car when her registered it back on 2/22/05....was his pride & joy

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/ngregory/My_Charger.htm
Chris' '69 Charger R/T