News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lord Warlock

Started by cdr, July 03, 2016, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge69

It appears you and your family are dealing with the aftermath of your Father's life in whatever way you can bring yourself and family to do so. He did talk of the supercharger for the challenger as if he could afford it and sometimes railed against things I did not quite understand.  He would have long diatribes about many things including dealing with his family.

One thing stood out, though. He always seemed to care about his family and wanted to do what was best for them. In his own way of thinking, his fixing up his cars were for you.  He dealt with his cancer quietly and stoically here and, probably did so in life. 

May he Rest In Peace and may your family find solace in dealing with this sad ending to his life.

HPP

Quote from: Lord Warlock Daughter on December 18, 2016, 10:48:33 PM
My mother hired a professional to sell it for us.  It has been months.  He keeps dropping the price because no one is interested.  We can't sell it for the Kelly Blue Book value even without the supercharger mentioned. 

Like so many things in life, timing is everything. You are trying to sell cars at the tail end of the year, the worst possible time frame to do so unless you have a highly desirable car of limited availability that will generate its own interest. Since the Charger is already gone, I'd encourage you to sit on the Challenger until Feb-Mar time frame. This is when all the national auction houses tend to whip people out of their winter stupor to realize they need a new toy to play with.

JB400

Here's my opinion on the situation, for what it's worth.  It's a shame that anyone has to go through a terminal illness.  It's also a shame that the family of the person has to deal with it as well. What we don't know is how his family handled it.  Lets put it this way, if the family distanced themselves from his disease and didn't really try to make his last year(s?) of his life great, I see nothing wrong with a person trying to bring joy to themselves in a way they see fit.  Or, maybe LW distanced himself from his family a little bit to ease the burden of his disease on them, by putting his time and money in his cars.  It's an unfortunate situation no matter how you look at it.  At least he's in a better place and no longer in pain, I hope anyway. :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

Im sorry to hear all this LWD.....hope things will clear up emotionally and financially soon.   

Is the supercharger for a modern HEMI?  Maybe I can take it off your hands to recoupe some of the loss...

Quote from: Lord Warlock Daughter on December 18, 2016, 10:48:33 PM
Quote from: RCCDrew on December 15, 2016, 07:38:07 AM
I don't know the family here, but I will say that at least he had a hobby where you can get SOME return for investment, as opposed to hunting leases or boats or the like.

You'd think that, but...

For years he kept telling my mother that the Charger was worth so much money.  We couldn't sell it for more than half the amount he claimed it was worth.  He put a lot of money into fixing it up after leaving it to rot in the backyard for years.  I have never seen it run.  The Challenger is worse.  He spent $40k on it several months before I started college, then added things to it.  A month before his death he put a supercharger into it.  I don't think he even got to drive it except for on the way back across the state from the shop that did it in Hudson.  My mother hired a professional to sell it for us.  It has been months.  He keeps dropping the price because no one is interested.  We can't sell it for the Kelly Blue Book value even without the supercharger mentioned.  My mom is never getting that money back.  She's still paying for tens of thousands in bills he racked up even before his cancer diagnosis.  And most of the money he spent wasn't his.  It was my mother's.  She just couldn't stop him and no one he respected would confront him.  He would complain to me that mom would spend her entire bonus on paying off debt instead of buying new toys.  It was all his debt. He had a serious problem and my sister and I tried to convince our mom to divorce him on more than one occasion. 

And it wasn't just debt.  There's way more to it.  I don't really care to go into it all.  I know how bitter all of this makes me sound.  I hate that I don't miss my father.  I feel like a terrible person.

I'm glad he had friends online because he didn't IRL.  I appreciate those of you who got along with him.

ht4spd307

i think we are all guilty of over spending on these great machines i know i have its almost a disease in itself.my wife always says i'm spending to much on my cars but i always hit her back with at least there is some kind of return in my toys ,tools etc if i sell up .try selling you $300 shoes or dress and see if you get a return.i'm not saying it excuses what WL may have spent but its better than pissing it against the wall ,gambling or maybe a drug habit  :Twocents:

Kern Dog

Quote from: ht4spd307 on December 20, 2016, 08:07:43 AM
i think we are all guilty of over spending on these great machines i know i have its almost a disease in itself.my wife always says i'm spending to much on my cars but i always hit her back.

Hit a woman?

crj1968

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 20, 2016, 01:31:03 PM
Quote from: ht4spd307 on December 20, 2016, 08:07:43 AM
i think we are all guilty of over spending on these great machines i know i have its almost a disease in itself.my wife always says i'm spending to much on my cars but i always hit her back.

Hit a woman?

Kern dog strikes again !   

Kern Dog

Yeah... that term just cracks me up.
She called and left a message......I hit her back with my own message.
Slang can be funny when you take it literally.
I'm going to TAKE a piss. You are going to take someones piss???

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

BIGBLCK11

Flipper/dealer, I hope the family didn't get lowballed on it.  It's a nice car to restore.

Edit: I see other thread, with new seller posting as well.