News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 what? on ebay

Started by Chargen69, January 03, 2017, 09:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Been posted here at least 2 times already.  ;)

Chargen69

alfaitalia

Well OP....ive not seen it before.....however not sure I want to see it again! :icon_smile_big:

Good staring point for a Dayclona for someone I guess....if the money is right......big IF !
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mytur Binsdirti

chargerboy69

The seller is a Mopar flipper ( who also watches this board ).  He bought this last summer and has been trying to unload it ever since.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Chargen69

good luck to him, probably bought it because it was "unique" and that always means money, right?

JR

The lack of good taste here is astonishing.

Literally every single asthetic choice the guy had made the car worse.

Points for consistency, though.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Chargen69

Quote from: JR on January 03, 2017, 12:08:18 PM
The lack of good taste here is astonishing.

Literally every single asthetic choice the guy had made the car worse.

Points for consistency, though.

:cheers: :cheers: :smilielol:

dccoronet

At least one person thought it was "totally awesome dude"...... My question would be could it be bought and restored for what it would be worth?  Anyone have a clue what it would cost to bring it back...

smithenhiven

I think the funniest thing about that car is the Richard Petty signature on the wing.  I can just imagine "The King" being asked to sign this car and him saying "WTF is this thing?"

Although I also think someone wanting to return this car to normal should be able to do so fairly easily.  All it's B.S. aside, it appears to be solid body wise, perhaps someone wanting the Dayclona parts would buy/trade for correct 68 parts, then it just needs paint.  The interior I could live with if it didn't say Daytona on the back seat, easy enough to change with a new cover I guess.  This car, if bought right (say, $25K or less), sure beats starting with some of the other cars I've seen in it's price range. 

70 sublime

Quote from: smithenhiven on January 04, 2017, 07:41:33 AM
I think the funniest thing about that car is the Richard Petty signature on the wing.  I can just imagine "The King" being asked to sign this car and him saying "WTF is this thing?"

Although I also think someone wanting to return this car to normal should be able to do so fairly easily.  All it's B.S. aside, it appears to be solid body wise, perhaps someone wanting the Dayclona parts would buy/trade for correct 68 parts, then it just needs paint.  The interior I could live with if it didn't say Daytona on the back seat, easy enough to change with a new cover I guess.  This car, if bought right (say, $25K or less), sure beats starting with some of the other cars I've seen in it's price range. 

Did you read this line in the ad ?

As for the body:  solid car, original metal with the exception of rear valance, rear frame rails professionally capped, some filler in the quarters,

Frame rails capped ??
Might be an issue later on
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

JR

In all seriousness, it does appear to be a nice 68 underneath all the tacky custom work.

If I were in the market, I'd probably be willing to pay whatever the current market value is for a non numbers matching 383 car, minus 8-10 k or so to remove/repair all the ugly and turn it back into a regular 68. (Or finish the Daytona conversion properly.)

The problem is, I imagine the seller is expecting 10k or MORE than what a standard 68 is worth because this car has a nose and wing.

And that's why this car is probably going to be for sale for a while. Or atleast until another real life Joe Dirt wins the Powerball lottery again.

70 sublime

Quote from: JR on January 04, 2017, 11:54:53 AM
In all seriousness, it does appear to be a nice 68 underneath all the tacky custom work.

If I were in the market, I'd probably be willing to pay whatever the current market value is for a non numbers matching 383 car, minus 8-10 k or so to remove/repair all the ugly and turn it back into a regular 68. (Or finish the Daytona conversion properly.)

The problem is, I imagine the seller is expecting 10k or MORE than what a standard 68 is worth because this car has a nose and wing.

And that's why this car is probably going to be for sale for a while. Or atleast until another real life Joe Dirt wins the Powerball lottery again.

Well he does say he has $50K in it I doubt he is going to take $20 K   ( $30 K 68 Charger minus $10 K )
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Highbanked Hauler

The car is going in to many incomplete  directions at the same time :rotz:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

A383Wing

:puke:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 04, 2017, 08:42:28 AM
Quote from: smithenhiven on January 04, 2017, 07:41:33 AM

Did you read this line in the ad ?

As for the body:  solid car, original metal with the exception of rear valance, rear frame rails professionally capped, some filler in the quarters,

Frame rails capped ??
Might be an issue later on

Capped frame rails means you just weld over the top of your rusty frame rails with home made looking steel from Auto Rust Technitions. Not a high quality repair in my opinion. Good for a Winter beater maybe but not for a nicer car in my opinion. :Twocents: :shruggy:

Bad B-rad

I love that the frame rails were not just capped, they were PROESSIONALLY capped.
or is that professionally crapped?

Bad B-rad

I think the thing that hurts me the most is the small sign or decal on the (M/T) valve covers that says "Heavy Duty".
I was digging the front seats, not the rear, though. And then I saw that on the valve covers and it just hurts.

XH29N0G

Not my taste, but someone definitely had fun with it and made it in their image.  I hope it finds a good home and someone who loves it just as much.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Bad B-rad

Yes, that was someone's baby for sure! I am sure they took great pride in it.

JR

I'd bet money the builders daily driver looks something like this.

Mike DC

This is one of those weird cars that gets re-listed on Ebay every couple years with a big price.  It never sells.

Chargen69

Lambo doors would have been a step in the right direction  :cheers: